Shipping Electronic Item from US to India

hey everyone, so a friend of mine has a series 9 apple watch that has some screen issues, the repair cost as always is too much & is better to just buy a new one, so I was wondering what would be the cost of shipping it here along with customs (if applicable). What courier service would be best & is it possible to prepay customs? Can anyone guide me on this as I've never gone through this process before. Thanks!

What I wouldn't give to be young and brimming with hope and optimism again.

Gifts are taxed at over 70% and the value of the item is usually decided upon by the customs officer. It's upto their discretion if they accept what the declared value is by the shipper.

But yes, they can send it through USPS here, or you can use a package forwarder like MyUS or Stackry which would send it with DHL or FedEx. It's faster than USPS but more expensive. Customs usually cannot be prepaid for used or self purchased items.

There's a very small chance that your package might slip through and show up one day without any customs assessed, but the best way to get high value small sized items is to have someone bring it here.

Other people have attmepted what you want to do, and have had to pay almost 100% in shipping and taxes.

Yeah I was reading another discussion/post on this - Had already lost hope but decided to give one final chance as there may be some way that people use to get stuff. As there can be some 'jugaads' but seems like nothing can get past customs & the import duty.

Back