Shipping from California to noida

netwitx

Disciple
I am looking for a VFM courier for shipping stuff ( games,electronics,shoes, computer parts) etc. from California to Noida. I have a cousin who can buy stuff for me and that needs to be shipped to India.

So Can you guys help me in finding out whats the most appropriate courier/method?

Thanks in advance

I had gotten a quote of about a thousand bucks to ship some personal belongings and gadgets to India a couple of years ago, although I ended up keeping everything. Let me see if I can find that e-mail quote.

EDIT:

YEah, $1200 it was.

USPS would work out to be the cheapest of the lot, not exactly fast but that depends on your luck as well, some ppl used USPS priority and get their stuff in less than a week while some had to wait for a month

Rave said:
USPS would work out to be the cheapest of the lot, not exactly fast but that depends on your luck as well, some ppl used USPS priority and get their stuff in less than a week while some had to wait for a month

well it can take them 1month ,well it comes quite fast to india but the customs and post office people take their own sweet time.

and my uncle bought is entire electronic goods to india including is furniture in a container via ship,the audio stuff itself cost well over $12000 and then the laptops ,xboxs,and other electrical appliences which cost extra $$$$ and customs only taxed 3000 bucks for it.:rofl:

adder said:
well it can take them 1month ,well it comes quite fast to india but the customs and post office people take their own sweet time.

and my uncle bought is entire electronic goods to india including is furniture in a container via ship,the audio stuff itself cost well over $12000 and then the laptops ,xboxs,and other electrical appliences which cost extra $$$$ and customs only taxed 3000 bucks for it.:rofl:
I'm guessing he shipped his stuff on TR and not a usual shipment. Customs duty levied on personal stuff shipped via TR is very low.

gforce said:
I'm guessing he shipped his stuff on TR and not a usual shipment. Customs duty levied on personal stuff shipped via TR is very low.

well yes ,but still taxes on $12000+ stereo alone will be quite high,even though the taxes for TR is less,so it all depends on how much u declare the value.
for instance my uncle bought a headphone valve amp which costs around $400 but due the HK dealers undervalueing the item to $90 it was excempted from tax it came by EMS,on the other hand my friend ordered a bike part from US which costed $10 +$40 for shipping but was taxed 250bucks as customs by the postman,it came via USPS and looked like the package was crushed ,but since the bike part was metal nothing happened.

Back