Budget 0-20k Shipping to Taiwan for RMA

calvin1719

Mostly harmless.
Adept
What's the cheapest way to ship to Taiwan? I saw the IndiaPost site but it's a bit confusing because their price finder uses different terms for services from their services guide. Can i use "packet"? Is "packet" and "book packet" the same?
I need to ship an M.2 SSD so it shouldn't be too heavy or bulky, but apart from packet the cheapest option is around 700-800 for IndiaPost. Any other alternatives? Speed is not that important I guess.

I went through this a few years back with my OCZ SSD. Went to the post office where they flat out refused to ship electronics outside the country. I then went and spoke to one of the officers in the cabin who asked quite a few questions and then reluctantly handed me a form to fill. I think it cost me about 600 which was the minimum. It reached Taiwan in 4 weeks and they shipped my replacement free of cost.

Indiapost is the cheapest for small packets. You better go to the post office and enquire which category.

Small packet and Registered mail are almost same. Except small packets are maybe a bit cheaper depending upon weight.
RMail charge is calculate for every 20gms, while small packets are for every 200g.

No book packets are not same as packets. Small packets are meant for small business to ship goods internationally at affordable prices.
But afaik compensation is limited to 1000/-
Compensation for RMail is at 30 SDR. I think 1 sdr is currently at around 100/-

Parcel is parcel ig? nothing much confusing in that.

Speed post is the top tier service for India Post. And it is costly for small weights.

Source: I have a hobby surrounding India Post and have someone close to me who works in India Post

What's the cheapest way to ship to Taiwan? I saw the IndiaPost site but it's a bit confusing because their price finder uses different terms for services from their services guide. Can i use "packet"? Is "packet" and "book packet" the same?
I need to ship an M.2 SSD so it shouldn't be too heavy or bulky, but apart from packet the cheapest option is around 700-800 for IndiaPost. Any other alternatives? Speed is not that important I guess.
Just curious what brand ssd and was it purchased abroad or India?

I asked my brother in law. He is at good post in post office. He told to use term packet. And their price finder is legit.

Last edited:
Back