Shocking and unusual exp.

nRiTeCh

Skilled
I have this typical household toilet cabinet above my wash basin.

1719158004885.png

Today while cleaning it, my wife observed that on the inside-panel shelf, its plastic was literally melted and it was/is live as if someone used a candle or a lighter to burn and melt it and its still soft and can be molded.

1719158228429.png

In the side of the shelf, we kept aka stored Aer bathroom freshener packet which when I observed was leaking a bit. And we also kept an old toothbrush with it.

1719158446355.png

I'm not sure if the liquid of Aer got reacted with the plastic and it resulted into the meltdown thing or what.

As seen, the inside of the plastic..melted thick plastic..

1719160812758.png

1719160713842.png
1719160741431.png

Shockingly, when we melt any fiber or plastic, within minutes it solidifies and becomes toughened but in this case its still soft like a melted one. It has been 12hrs now and god knows how long it was this way...may be for months now!

Any suggestions or similar experiences any faced here?

Last edited:
If these can cause a plastic to melt, imagine what could be the consequences on our health as we inhale them in the name of fragrance?
True, all these are too dangerous but the problem is that it wont kill you overnight but then people do not realise the long term impact of it!
They are just concerned about the short term impact!

Take example of all the preservatives which we are eating in package foods or even the polluted air, you wont die eating it but then you are actually slowly dieing !!!

In the side of the shelf, we kept aka stored Aer bathroom freshener packet which when I observed was leaking a bit. And we also kept an old toothbrush with it.
View attachment 199719
You're not supposed to pierce the air freshener packet so how did that tear at the bottom happen?

It's been a while since I used these. They smell good and work well. Don't recall the outer packaging the freshener comes in requiring a scissor to remove. Hands were enough. You can see the instructions telling you to use your hands on the back

Last edited:
keep Bhiemseni Kapoor anywhere wrap that inside cotton ball or bag and leave it.
Yes man, except toilets we have been using it since a long time in the house esp. during evening time to ward off mosquitoes, create positive envi etc. but seems it should now make way into toilets as well. No side effects, only health benefits!
You're not supposed to pierce the air freshener packet so how did that tear at the bottom happen?
Why will I pierce it? It was simply stored their awaiting its turn to be installed in bathroom or washroom but seems it had extreme minute hole or cut.
Don't recall the outer packaging the freshener comes in requiring a scissor to remove.
Yes, it does come in a plastic cartoon. I was curious to get to the root cause so teared the outer packet and then go to know that the primary item had this leakage.
I now wonder if this item can even damage strong fibers and plastics used in fridge and washing machine bodies. Obviously, no one will ever keep this on washing machines and fridge but the curiosity.

Last edited:
Yes, it does come in a plastic cartoon. I was curious to get to the root cause so teared the outer packet and then go to know that the primary item had this leakage.
I now wonder if this item can even damage strong fibers and plastics used in fridge and washing machine bodies. Obviously, no one will ever keep this on washing machines and fridge but the curiosity.
I'm surprised any liquid came out because it's supposed to be a gel. If the temperature in the room gets hot, above 35 degrees it could liquefy

I'm surprised any liquid came out because it's supposed to be a gel. If the temperature in the room gets hot, above 35 degrees it could liquefy
It was 42c this summers in Pune and real feel was 45c+ and avg for all both Apr and May was always hogging over 38c easily coupled with the extreme humidity this time.
So, may be this climatic reasons might have resulted more in the damage.

It was 42c this summers in Pune and real feel was 45c+ and avg for all both Apr and May was always hogging over 38c easily coupled with the extreme humidity this time.
So, may be this climatic reasons might have resulted more in the damage.
So the next part I don't think there are any solvents in this gel or anything corrosive that can do this kind of damage. It's just water contained in the gel that evaporates over the course of a month and the rest is VOC's that diffuse out through the packet.

You will find a lot of such instances on the web.

All such air fresheners are acidic while being reactive, corrosive and flammable. Every one of them states to place them in open areas and away from any kind of heat source.

Why would you keep this enclosed inside a cabinet anyway ? It's meant to be hung outside where it's most effective.
So, you buy in bulk and in one go hang all of them only to expire all in 30 days right?
Ever heard of storing grocery and toiletries etc.? Or you only buy a single soap/toothpaste and wait for it to completely vanish only to realize to buy a new one.. Lock the stable door after the horse has bolted!

Back