Shocking and unusual exp.

So, you buy in bulk and in one go hang all of them only to expire all in 30 days right?
Ever heard of storing grocery and toiletries etc.? Or you only buy a single soap/toothpaste and wait for it to completely vanish only to realize to buy a new one.. Lock the stable door after the horse has bolted!
His question is valid and so obvious I'm amazed I missed it :sorry:

What was an open air freshener doing INSIDE the cabinet?

This is not a question of storing air freshners in their packing. Your photos show the air freshener was removed from the packing yet was inexplicably left inside the cabinet

What was an open air freshener doing INSIDE the cabinet?

It wasn't clear from OPs post at first but it seems like the packet was sealed but it ruptured somehow and ruined his cabinet.
The warmer temps in a bathroom probably led to this which is why the manufacturer recommends to store them in a cool and dry place when not in use.

It wasn't clear from OPs post at first but it seems like the packet was sealed but it ruptured somehow and ruined his cabinet.
There is a sealed packet AND there is an open one. The open one was also kept INSIDE the cabinet.
The warmer temps in a bathroom probably led to this which is why the manufacturer recommends to store them in a cool and dry place when not in use.
The sealed one looks fine. The open one ruptured. On its own is odd. Looks like it was cut accidentally.

None of this explains what it was doing inside the cabinet??

There is a sealed packet AND there is an open one. The open one was also kept INSIDE the cabinet.
I just posted the pics after opening the pack as the leaks on the outer cartoon cover weren't visible to capture. If that cleared the confusion.
Nobody will keep an opened pack stashes inside unless he/she forgets.

I just posted the pics after opening the pack as the leaks on the outer cartoon cover weren't visible to capture. If that cleared the confusion.
Nobody will keep an opened pack stashes inside unless he/she forgets.
Wait, you're saying a sealed ie. With outer pack leaked when it was stored in your cabinet?

That means two layers to breach. Outer as well as inner. Could have been damaged before hand. Out of the factory

Wait, you're saying a sealed ie. With outer pack leaked when it was stored in your cabinet?

That means two layers to breach. Outer as well as inner. Could have been damaged before hand. Out of the factory
Correct! It could be the storage issues or as to how the stores/retail outlets handle the huge cartoons & in the event this one might had got damaged till inside.

I have this typical household toilet cabinet above my wash basin.

View attachment 199713

Today while cleaning it, my wife observed that on the inside-panel shelf, its plastic was literally melted and it was/is live as if someone used a candle or a lighter to burn and melt it and its still soft and can be molded.

View attachment 199714

In the side of the shelf, we kept aka stored Aer bathroom freshener packet which when I observed was leaking a bit. And we also kept an old toothbrush with it.

View attachment 199715

I'm not sure if the liquid of Aer got reacted with the plastic and it resulted into the meltdown thing or what.

As seen, the inside of the plastic..melted thick plastic..

View attachment 199720

View attachment 199718 View attachment 199719

Shockingly, when we melt any fiber or plastic, within minutes it solidifies and becomes toughened but in this case its still soft like a melted one. It has been 12hrs now and god knows how long it was this way...may be for months now!

Any suggestions or similar experiences any faced here?
The reaction might have caused by the chemicals used in them, but this is something I never heard about. It is melting and soft. Glad it didn't cached fire. I hope Hit or something similar wasn't around it, else it could have even caught fire.

I remember similar thing happened when one of my relatives who stored harpic and other cleaners together and each of the cleaners reacted with each other causing all the bottles to leak. They were stored inside a closet with no air circulation. He had to throw away all the bottles. Since then, he keeps them in open air in the toilets itself.
are you the same guy with weird clocks ?
I know that clock thread and the person too. but you have to take efforts to google around. No readymade business here.

Back