Shop and Ship : We can help u ship stuff to India from different countries.REGISTER FOR $5 ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should realize all courier work on slab basis. Rates are for per Lbs, so 1.1 can be negligible, but 1.3+ will be calculated at 2.
Courier guys need to make money too you know that.

Hi, You still havn't replied regarding the excess customs charges levied on top of the payment I had already made. 760/- customs on 2000rs pen and refill is outrageous( charging customs on a pen is strange itself).

Could you tell me how much this will cost landed and delivered in Gurgaon http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CDPFMJO
From my experience it will cost atleast Rs.2000/- shipping(maybe more if volumetric weight is considered high) and rs.2500/- duty. This is excluding item cost which you have to purchase yourself. First you will be asked to make the shipping payment of af 2200/- (if not more). And when the courier guy comes to deliver the item you will be hit with a demand of 2500/- or so as custom charges. Please buy after clearing these doubts explicitly with Shopnship
I paid 730 online on Shopnship for 0.2 kg pack (pen and refill) as I was assured by the Shpnship member it would cost under 750/-. Now they're asking for 760/- more as custom charges. So basically they want me to pay 1500/- for shipping a pen and refill weighing 200 gms which I bought for. 2000/-.

The 730 is only the shipping charges (10 USD + 14% ST). Ask them for the customs duty sheet. If it is indeed 760, you have no reason to complain.

The 730 is only the shipping charges (10 USD + 14% ST). Ask them for the customs duty sheet. If it is indeed 760, you have no reason to complain.
The issue I have is that they said the total cost would be 750/- in a private conversation in this very forum. If the Shopnship member had told me that they would charge 760/ afterwards I wouldn't have placed the order. Even on their website the tutorial only shows that you have to make a payment once and the item will be delivered.The extra customs charge came as rude shock.
The local courier franchise thru whom Shopandship sent te package told me this is their regular practice and that the local courier guys have to face the brunt of anger of many customers of Shopandship who are misguided into thinking that there is only one time payment to be made.
P.S. Charging almost 40% customs is aoutrageous.

Last edited:
Like letmein said, 730/- covers only the shipping portion, And as far as I know, SnS does not play hanky panky with customs. They do give a copy of the customs duty sheet by default, if not provided you should mail to anuradha and get the issue cleared. Also check here http://www.cybex.in

Like letmein said, 730/- covers only the shipping portion, And as far as I know, SnS does not play hanky panky with customs. They do give a copy of the customs duty sheet by default, if not provided you should mail to anuradha and get the issue cleared. Also check here http://www.cybex.in
I have posted this for the benefit of members who are planning to use Shopandship for the first time like I did. They should be informed that the payment link they get is not the total amount, and that they will also be charged approx 40% of item value as custom charge when the courier is handed to them.

here is the conversation

Attachments

• Firefox_Screenshot_2015-08-24T13-40-17.436Z.png
    Firefox_Screenshot_2015-08-24T13-40-17.436Z.png
    523.1 KB · Views: 242
Where did they say that it will include customs? In fact, according to the quotes they provided you for items 1 and 3, the customs should have been 690 + 380.

They have clearly said shipping 10$ for first 500gms + 14% service tax + approx duty 680 .
You asked if it will be total of shipping + taxes will be 750/- and they said yes. You assumed customs under taxes and got confused it seems.
No fault of the carrier here, i feel.

They have clearly said shipping 10$ for first 500gms + 14% service tax + approx duty 680 .
You asked if it will be total of shipping + taxes will be 750/- and they said yes. You assumed customs under taxes and got confused it seems.
No fault of the carrier here, i feel.
If you see the whole conversation I had clearly asked for total cost shipping plus duty in the beginning. So obviously I believed that Shopandship would give me a total estimate.

sigh...... i am not here to fight for SnS or champion their cause. As per your convo, it has been established that the duty component mentioned has been understood by you, never mind you did not get it then . you will not get it now.

I have one question after purchasing from US it can be only ship to India ? is this possible to ship in other country ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back