PC Peripherals Shop suggestion in Kolkata (Chandni)

i prefer arihant always... the trick to deal with him is just check out the actual prices from our dealers here on te and tell him that ur getting it at that pice and he will get it done for you...just recently baught my new gigabyte mobo he came down from 6900 to 6k when i told him the actual price :p if u guys need any help from chandni let me knw stay bang opposite to sabir hotel ... will try my best to help u out ...

Anubis said:
U sure about Starcomp ? Never heard of it .

Can u give an example of a quote of ATI 4850 512mb ors something in comparison to other shops ?

When I was searching for a 4770 back in june, nobody could assure me to get one. Only the Arihant guy was modest enough to ask my cell number and promised to inform me as soon as he can get one. I called/visited almost every shop in chandni but in vain. Then I found this shop in Microsoft's vendor list and called them. They quoted me 7400/- and said 10pc was in stock. A few days later I was surprised to get a call from that Arihant guy and told me he got 4770 in stock @ 7100/- . Mind you none of the TE dealers had stock of 4770 at that time except Lynx and thunder.dragon. I was too skeptical about buying online then :p But when Amarbir ji went down to 6.6k from 7k, I couldn't resist ordering it. :)

P.S. - thunder is also a good trustworthy dealer and I got my Vx450 from him. To all of you in kolkata who are skeptical about buying online, call him and he will deliver you the product ( COD below 4k )

Arnab Boss said:
Bought a cm 690 side transparent @ 4.8k all frm suntronics infotech beside vedant...'

How's the deal guys...? Vedant quoted me 5.1k + and velocity 4.7k + and classic computers quoted 4.9k +

The shop owner has a good behavior and told me he will give me other components @ reasonable rates...'

He quoted me theses rates ....

Amd phenom 2 955 b.e @ 8.4k

Ga ma 785gmt - ud2h @ 5.9k

Corsair xms3 ddr3 1600mhz 2gb @ 2.4k..

Seagate 1 t.b hdd @ 3.9k...

I was amazed when he told that he will give me more discounts than the abv prices...'

You got some good deals mate. especially the 955 and the RAM.

abhinavmodi said:
Could anyone post some exterrnal HD prices at Chandni (Seagate, WD) 2.5 and 3.5". Planning to buy one this weekend.

You can get them almost at the same price as the TE online dealers. At least I got in dec from Computer World.

satanofgamers said:
i prefer arihant always... the trick to deal with him is just check out the actual prices from our dealers here on te and tell him that ur getting it at that pice and he will get it done for you...just recently baught my new gigabyte mobo he came down from 6900 to 6k when i told him the actual price :p if u guys need any help from chandni let me knw stay bang opposite to sabir hotel ... will try my best to help u out ...

Thats really a good initiative mate.

In Chandni: used to buy from Supreme (2000-2006) - Post 2006 switched over to Vendath mainly.
Online: ebay is good. Had good deals with Amarbir (Lynx India). Rahul from It wares.

I want to purchase a DELL i3/i5 Laptop from Ganesh Ch Avenue.
Can anybody suggest me which shop should I visit ? I purchased all my desktop items from Vedant.I personally prefer Vedant because of their good customer service & post sell relationships----May their quoted price be not the lowest:but reasonable definitely.

Will it be wise to purchase Laptop from Vedant? Are there any alternative who assure me about low price & good post sell support as well ?

Thanks in advance.Please acknowledge me.

Very informative thread. One suggestion. Can the first post be turned into a summary post ?

I asked around from my Bong/Localite friends and everybody suggested Supreme.

I travelled thrice to their shop in a month, once after the sales person called me to get i5 SB CPU. Then when I reach, zoop, "I thought i5 750". This was in April. And the quote was 12K for i5-2500. So I got it from SMC for 10.5 Shipped.
I had to get a cabinet pronto so asked for HAF 912 advanced, he quotes 7Gs!! I've also tried Technocrat a few times but didn't buy anything, so no comments. Their quotes weren't flattering either.

In fact I had to get everything from SMC, Prime ABGB and IT wares. Next time I'll goto Arihant/Vedant for sure.

Re: Shop suggetion in Kolkata(Chadni)

archat68 said:
I almost buy all my stuff from Arihant - they always quoted the lowest price (get one or two quote beforehand - that helps). To me vedant always quoted higher price.

Also, when I inquired about a GFX card, Tirupati gave me a price higher than the retailer. When I told them that - they told that as they are distributor they can not do retail business and to protect the the retailer they would price the products such. No wonder I bought the card from the retailer.

+1, Arihant always gives the best available deal, and never had any issue with their products.

deep16 said:
BERLIA is the best shop around chandni market... for laptops go to emall...

I never went to E-mall.Dose they demand similar price as the retailers in Ganesh ch avenue?

Or they offer higher price like other shopping malls.

Also I have no idea regarding their post sell service!!!!

that was the worst shop i have ever encountered...i suggest stay away from them..lazy buggers don't even know the diff betn gma3100 and gma4100

I want to buy an UPS for my Compaq Pressario desktop PC. The green light of the UPS that I'm currently using is blinking after turning it on, hence I think I have to replace it. I'll be obliged if you suggest me how to choose an UPS at reasonable price for my desktop and the names of shops in kolkata where I can find that.

Back