Shops to look out for in Nehru Place

cooler2005

Disciple
Hi Guys!:hap2:

I was wondering...u guys are pretty regular at Nehru Place so you must be knowing the shops which are definitely worth going to when in Nehru Place. Everyone knows about Computer Empire, cost to Cost and SMC...any other shops you guys would like to recommend..??

I plan to buy a samsung 2233sw next week. I went their to enquire about the price from a couple of shops. The prices they gave me were different from each other so i guess they include their contribution in it as well. One thing i noticed was every shop owner called "somebody" to enquire about the availability of the piece and it's price. Who is that "sombody"..?? Is it the wholesale dealer who gets it directly from the company and sells it to the shopkeepers there?? If so, then buying from the wholesaler would be a better option i believe as he would sell it on a little lesser price than the shopkeeper..?

What do u guys have to say about this ? :)

The "Somebody" is the other sellers in the market :) They all are connected and that is also a way people know in market that 'someone is looking for a particular brand'. The two shops from where I get the stuff is SMC and Cost to Cost.

hmm....i see..Now, there are a couple of shops who are offering me a particular monitor (samsung 2233sw) at 8.3K and some are offering at 8.6K...now the ones with 8.3K are not as popular as CTC or SMC but they are in the same row as computer empire...the shop is called "aldus computers"...he gave me a price of 8.3K...can i trust him to sell me the original product and not some fake monitor?

For logitech stuff go to Info Access computers... its in the next lane to computer empire.. He is the main dealer for logitech..

Another good shop for accessories and cables etc is Daga, its in the side lane to the SMC Internations Ground floor shop...

cooler2005 said:
hmm....i see..Now, there are a couple of shops who are offering me a particular monitor (samsung 2233sw) at 8.3K and some are offering at 8.6K...now the ones with 8.3K are not as popular as CTC or SMC but they are in the same row as computer empire...the shop is called "aldus computers"...he gave me a price of 8.3K...can i trust him to sell me the original product and not some fake monitor?

I've bought almost as much as 3 full Desktop PC's... He was there way before Cost-to-cost or Computer Empire came to NP... So I can really vouch for that Dealer..

There sits a man with mustache & wears spectacles... He is the owner... He is a pretty nice guy...

Just be careful when dealing with the NP guys. Most are crooks, and try to cheat you off. There have been documented cases of C2C and CE fleecing customers. Shop keepers will advice you to "not take a bill". Check out the equipment for thoroughness, all listed peripherals are included, bill has S/N number and shops TIN. Best to inquire at 4-5 shops for your product. DO not take any advice from shop keepers. I prefer shopping at SMC. Gurmeet bhiya is quite good.

Usually that other somebody are the warehouse owners. The 2nd floor onwards, have a lot of warehouses, and stuff is sourced from there. Also many at times, a shopkeeper 'A' will call a shopkeeper 'B' for equipment. They will not refer you to another source. Keep your 'street smartness' radar on, you should be fine. If in doubt, abort the purchase, seek more advice, go back. Bit of a pain, but better safe then sorry.

"Just be careful when dealing with the NP guys. Most are crooks, and try to cheat you off. There have been documented cases of C2C and CE fleecing customers."

by this do u mean that they might sell a fake product or used product?

and i certainly would as the daler to open up the box and look inside for all it's contents at the time of purchase. SMC only keeps dell monitors...so if i'm buying dell...i would go to him.

wouldn't it be cheaper to buy the stuff from warehouse directly?? :)

Well there was one thread here, with C2C selling a fake GT nVidia accelerator. Here, is the link. I doubt the warehouse would sell it directly. I once sniffed one out, for a product. Got shitty treatment, and after an hour of wait, they said, the product is not available. Wanted a CM Cool Viva Pro SE.

Back