shops with best discounts to buy HDTV in mumbai western suburbs

Superbad

Skilled
Shop to buy HDTV in mumbai western suburbs?

i am planning to buy an HDTV (preferably the Samsung LA 40D550).
the local shops are quoting me a price of about 44k .
while searching in the forum for HDTV buying advice i noticed some shops are ready to give further discounts.

got to know about a jumbo electronics which is in vashi so travelling there means no discounts on paper.
have been to vijay sales, E-zone and all electronics shops in and around borivali (west) and the almost all shops were quoting the same price.

so wanted recommendations to look for shops in and around the western suburbs.
havent been to chroma but i dont think they would offer any large discounts :S

E-zone was quoting price higher than the regular shops by almost 1 k by hard bargaining and they were still boasting that their prices are still the best :mad:
so asking here

feel free to add your suggestions :)

Go with Sony for BEST QUALITY but higher price
Go with Panasonic for 3 years warranty- as I read here on TE

Don't waste money over L* products buying high-end products.

Lately few Samsung panels start developing problem after 12 months of using (after 365 days warranty over.) don't know what model ... advised to do little search & wait for 'adder' to reply.

Dont get me wrong but i had those questions too.
Asked many friends who were of the opinion that the main problem was power outage which is not the case in areas like borivali.
And about the panels failing have seen those panels failing across all brands (namely samsung,lg and sony).
Coincidently these are the most sold lcd brands.
In borivali i could not find a showroom having panasonic tvs.
rands.
In borivali i could not find a showroom having panasonic tvs.
Also samsung and lg supplies panels to almost all manufacturers.
So why would they want to screw their own reputation ?:S

^Alfa would be a good place to get grey market rates. Their normal rates are at par with the usual Croma/E-zone/Vijay Sales type offers. You can haggle a bit if you are ready to buy on the spot but they won't entertain window shopping.

@OP if you are visiting Alfa, also go to the 'Sony Mony' store which is further down the S.V. road, its around 5 mins walking distance from the Alfa/Irla signal.

The best option would be to look out for offers/promotions going on. If there are none, check out the Independence Day deals which have expired and try to get the price to that level at least.

Had gone to sony mony. They had some scratch card offer.
Pricing was still more by 1k than other stores.
Also i did not Find any stores with the SQ panel for the samsung.
So contemplating to buy LG 42LK430 or 42LK450.
The retail pricing is about 47K but through CSD got quotes of 41k and 44k respectively. ;)
just need to find more stores with the SQ panel.. If not will get the LG 42 incher.

pr0ing said:
^Alfa would be a good place to get grey market rates. Their normal rates are at par with the usual Croma/E-zone/Vijay Sales type offers. You can haggle a bit if you are ready to buy on the spot but they won't entertain window shopping.

@OP if you are visiting Alfa, also go to the 'Sony Mony' store which is further down the S.V. road, its around 5 mins walking distance from the Alfa/Irla signal.

The best option would be to look out for offers/promotions going on. If there are none, check out the Independence Day deals which have expired and try to get the price to that level at least.

Sony Mony is costly than Alpha.

Alpha got as much variety as any other electronic showroom.

In fact, there are few models which are available only in Alpha. ;)

Back