Budget 10-15K Short phone suggestions

calvin1719

Mostly harmless.
Adept
Hello all

I need some suggestions on a phone, please, with preferably a 16:9 aspect ratio (don't think one exists), or failing that, the lowest that meets the other requirements.

• Budget
    <15K
  • Preferred display type/size/res
    • Prefer a lower aspect ratio than the 20:9 giants that are most common, 6in or less should be good, can stretch to 6.5in if needed
    • Type: don't care, should be a decent display though, with no tints
    • Res: 720p is good enough for me.
  • Connectivity: 5G is not needed, 4G is essential
  • Brand preference:
    Strong affinity for Nokia because of design and near stock UI.
    Would prefer to stay away from Xiaomi and ilk due to bloatware and MiUI.
    Neutral on Motorola (they used to be good, do they still make good phones or did Lenovo screw the pooch?)
    Loathe Samsung's insipid design.
  • Intended use:
    Reading, browsing, casual arcade/puzzle games, nothing CPU/GPU intensive, practically no camera work, calls/texts/emails
  • Not open to buying used.
  • Other requirements:
    • 3.5mm jack​
    • decent battery backup​
    • expandable storage​
    • would prefer a Snapdragon SoC (AFAIK MediaTek is still lagging behind Qualcomm, but if I'm wrong lemme know pls)​
    • at least 3 gigs of RAM, 64GB internal storage​
Currently considering the Nokia 2.4, 3.4, 5.3, the Motorola G9, Motorola E7+, Motorola G8 Power Lite.

Any drawbacks of the devices mentioned? Any other suggestions?

While I agree with your stand on Samsung UX design, I have found their devices to be dependable.
Had a horrible experience with Nokia recently with the device eMMC failing. Switched to an M31 post that.
If you are going for a Nokia device, do look out for user opinions first!

While I agree with your stand on Samsung UX design, I have found their devices to be dependable.
Had a horrible experience with Nokia recently with the device eMMC failing. Switched to an M31 post that.
If you are going for a Nokia device, do look out for user opinions first!

Thanks. I checked reviews for Nokia and it seems the rom is very buggy for most of them. That said, I guess hardware failures can happen to any device; had the SSD on a MBA fail a month after it was bought. But according to user reviews, it doesn't seem to be a very common issue with Nokia.
For Samsung, I was referring to the physical design and not the UI. It's just really ugly.

I've put off buying this anyway. There are literally 0 phones in this price bracket with an AR <18.5:9. I was only buying because my Mi 4's touch was giving problems, but it seems to have fixed itself.

Back