Ssup Fellas!

So my current setup is
CPU : i5 6600k
GPU: XFX RX 480 8GB
MOBO : Basic
RAM: 8 GB Hyper X DDR4
PSU : Seasonic S12
Monitor: Samsung 1080p 22 inches ips

This setup has served me well past 6 years and i have had blast doing 1080p gaming with it...now i am looking to upgrade/sell it for a Newer Setup

Budget: 60k-70k INR ...will be buying it from USA and bring it back

Goal: Budget gaming/workstation for next 3/4 years if not more

things i am looking at

cpu : Intel Core i7-12700K Processor + ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi DDR5 Motherboard ?
gpu: AMD 6700 XT 12gb ddr6

need recommedations for other parts..Thanks!

If you are okay to get a used GPU, this is the best time to upgrade. Intel is going to change the socket next year so upgrade path for CPU is none if you buy 12th gen or 13th gen. If you firmly want to stay in Intel's camp and not in a rush to upgrade, wait for 14th gen. Massive changes (including socket change) are coming later this year with Meteor Lake refresh. Get the GPU first as used GPU market is really good right now. Save some more money as you may have to upgrade your PSU as well, upgrade to 6800/XT and get a 2K display. Gaming new gen games at higher resolution is worth every rupee.

If you are okay to get a used GPU, this is the best time to upgrade. Intel is going to change the socket next year so upgrade path for CPU is none if you buy 12th gen or 13th gen. If you firmly want to stay in Intel's camp and not in a rush to upgrade, wait for 14th gen. Massive changes (including socket change) are coming later this year with Meteor Lake refresh. Get the GPU first as used GPU market is really good right now. Save some more money as you may have to upgrade your PSU as well, upgrade to 6800/XT and get a 2K display. Gaming new gen games at higher resolution is worth every rupee.
I second this but as per the budget getting a used 6800XT and 2k display will blow the budget right away. If OP can pull this then it is good but otherwise going for a 6700xt or a used 3070 for now is also good. Upgrading to 14th gen is not a compulsion and even 12th/13th gen with 6700xt will last for next 3-4 years easily with reducing resolution over the time which is normal for any system as they get obsolete every 2 years or so

Upgrading to a 1440p monitor would be your most suitable upgrade, because if you're planning on sticking to your 1080p monitor (60hz Im assuming) , your RX 480 is still a very capable GPU.
Since you're planning to buy from the US, the best things to buy from there are parts that are least prone to failure, which are SSD, RAM, CPU and GPU . Avoid latest gen parts as well, since those can be a massive headache if you run into any problems regarding the chipset (AM5/LGA 1700 DDR5) and RAM (DDR5).
GPU can be a conflicting topic as well, since you never know when they can go bad. They'll either run fine for years or will break down within months of purchase. But prices are much better there.

Back