Budget 21-30k Should I buy 12600k for 25.6k or wait?

imad7x

Disciple
I have an i7 7700 build and upgrading to 12600k. But I've noticed that the prices are a bit higher now due to INR getting worse. Are the prices going to be dropping soon or should I pull the trigger?

I thought of that but from my past experiences the prices don't change in India for at least 3 months. Like how 5600x stayed at over 23k months after 12400 release.

If the prices do fall next month how much do you think it'll fall?

I thought of that but from my past experiences the prices don't change in India for at least 3 months. Like how 5600x stayed at over 23k months after 12400 release.

Prices of previous gen will certainly drop but you need to wait until the newer CPUs are released.

Like how 5600x stayed at over 23k months after 12400 release.

That was AMD holding its price against Intel's release. Next month or a little more will see both AMD and Intel release new stuff. So 12th Gen prices are bound to decrease, both by competition and by new gen of intel.

Basically, you pulling the trigger comes down to this: Is this a "I need it now, my work and means of earning are suffering" vs "I want it, but nothing critical is stopping"

If it is the second case, wait for 2 months even...

I think 7600x is likely to offer similar or better performance at comparable prices. It's already been announced but will be available only in a month. Realistic benchmarks will take another week to 10 days. India availability will take another couple weeks, but initial prices might be higher.

So if you wait, don't bank on the overall waiting period being lower than 2-3 months. If you don't have urgent need and can wait that long, then you should. There's very little to lose by waiting, prices are not going to go up in that time.

If you desperately need an upgrade then go for it right now. There is no good or bad time if this or other purchase is going to affect your peace of mind.

You will see ppl enjoying with Joy who bought 3060/Ti for 40k range and on other side, you will also see other ppl who bought the same GPU at the peak time of scalping.

Look forward to what suit you best for your needs and call the shots.

I have an i7 7700 build and upgrading to 12600k. But I've noticed that the prices are a bit higher now due to INR getting worse. Are the prices going to be dropping soon or should I pull the trigger?
I7 7700 still a ok cpu...December and January 23 you will see good price drops as more new Gen products are launched.....u will be able to get 12600k for 20 or 21k easily

If you desperately need an upgrade then go for it right now. There is no good or bad time if this or other purchase is going to affect your peace of mind.

You will see ppl enjoying with Joy who bought 3060/Ti for 40k range and on other side, you will also see other ppl who bought the same GPU at the peak time of scalping.

Look forward to what suit you best for your needs and call the shots.
basically this. I upgraded from i5 2500k to 5600x last October for 24k, now its selling around 17k i think. I had to upgrade because I was tired of the random crashes and didn't want to keep re-seating the ram modules.
check your budget and your necessity and plan accordingly. there will always be a better model around the corner if you wait long enough

basically this. I upgraded from i5 2500k to 5600x last October for 24k, now its selling around 17k i think. I had to upgrade because I was tired of the random crashes and didn't want to keep re-seating the ram modules.
check your budget and your necessity and plan accordingly. there will always be a better model around the corner if you wait long enough

This is the exact same way my 8 year old PC is failing - Gigabyte mobo and i5 3500 processor. PC will refuse to boot up, I have to remove the ram and CMOS battery and leave it alone for a few hours. Then I reconnect everything and it works. And it also doesn't boot with more than 3 USB devices connected.

And idea why this happens and why re-seating the RAM fixes this issue?

Last edited:
This is the exact same way my 8 year old PC is failing - Gigabyte mobo and i5 3500 processor. PC will refuse to boot up, I have to remove the ram and CMOS battery and leave it alone for a few hours. Then I reconnect everything and it works. And it also doesn't boot with more than 3 USB devices connected.

Never got around to doing a deep dive. I thought it was aging hardware/ram track issues. It was 9.5years old when I upgraded.

motherboard Capacitors or RAM slots or RAM itself ... on path of about to fail/die

motherboard Capacitors or RAM slots or RAM itself ... on path of about to fail/die

Motherboard is definitely failing, thats for sure. This has been happening since the last 2 years and progressively gotten worse. Sometimes one pair of RAM slots work and sometimes the other. CPU seems to be fine, hopefully the RAM is okay, at least 1 stick. I wanted to buy a new mobo and repurpose this for a small home server.

Back