Should I buy a PS3 in US?

ysrathore

Disciple
I'm in US for a couple of months. Getting bored as hell on weekends. Should I buy a PS3 to kill time and later bring it back to India? Do you see any downside of that.

I believe it couple of thousand bucks cheaper there.

You cannot avail warranty and that's about it. Gaming titles should have no problems as they are region free whereas blu-ray title are region locked.

pranut said:
Also you will have to buy a transformer to convert 220-110V..
Not required for the PS3 since the inbuilt power supply can accept both the voltages and step-down the voltage and rectify it to DC without the need of an external step down transformer.

ysrathore said:
I'm in US for a couple of months. Getting bored as hell on weekends. Should I buy a PS3 to kill time and later bring it back to India? Do you see any downside of that.

I believe it couple of thousand bucks cheaper there.
Getting bored!?! Come on! Its the US! Go out, hit the bars, meet new people, have fun! Just be careful though.

As regards to a console while you are there, getting a PS3 in the US is not too different from buying it in India price wise. Sony does not give any quarter or inch in that respect. But you won't be able to avail the warranty in this scenario. Oh and no PAL region Blu-Rays.

Getting a Xbox 360 on the other hand makes total sense. The price difference right now between US and India is considerable. Most of the good titles are region free. I am not so clear on the warranty here, and you probably won't get it when you go back to India. At the same time, the Xbox will not provide Blu-Ray capabilities.

phoenix844884 said:
Getting bored!?! Come on! Its the US! Go out, hit the bars, meet new people, have fun! Just be careful though.

he would already be getting bored at that,and hence he is writing this

As regards to a console while you are there, getting a PS3 in the US is not too different from buying it in India price wise. Sony does not give any quarter or inch in that respect.

how the hell isn't it different $299 is cheaper than RS.19,990

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

for the region lock BLu-ray,there is a solution

there are things like AR MAX,etc to play region free blu-rays and many places in India,like the black markets sell US blu-rays

You can actually get a Game + PS3 Slim for about 20k in India, just needs to be searched.

Getting a PS3 would be the better option than the 360 if i'm to be asked.

Aman27deep said:
You can actually get a Game + PS3 Slim for about 20k in India, just needs to be searched.

you can get the same in US at $299

you should check it on black Friday,they pack 2 new games with the console and alot of other shit too

there are way more promotional offers in US than India,India isn't that important maket,US is an important market

Yeah, besides I have never come across a single slim PS3 with an instance of YLOD - it appears Sony's improved cooling system and the 45nm manufacturing tech. for the Cell as well as the RSX has proved the worth.

Solid_Snake4RD said:
he would already be getting bored at that,and hence he is writing this

how the hell isn't it different $299 is cheaper than RS.19,990

Solid_Snake4RD said:
you can get the same in US at $299

you should check it on black Friday,they pack 2 new games with the console and alot of other shit too

The $299 you keep harping on about is just for the console. If you have any deal in mind or sight (which I can guarantee you don't), then please share it with the Op here so that he may benefit from it.

Do you even know when Black Friday is? You seriously think every friday people in the US dress up in black and go deal hunting? Black Friday sales are in end of November. And how long did the OP say he was in the US for? Get your facts straight.

Stop being an ass on the forum, stop spamming (No seriously, I urge people to take a look at his recent posts) and remember that everyone is entitled to their opinion. You don't have to start bashing every one whose words don't go down well with you.

phoenix844884 said:
The $299 you keep harping on about is just for the console. If you have any deal in mind or sight (which I can guarantee you don't), then please share it with the Op here so that he may benefit from it.

yes the $299 is only for the console itself but if you see what i was replying too then you might understand my comment

and even rs.19,990 is just for the console itself

the user said,you will get a game and a PS3 in rs.19,990 if you look enough to find a deal which is just like a promotional offer,which you can find in US too.

Do you even know when Black Friday is? You seriously think every friday people in the US dress up in black and go deal hunting? Black Friday sales are in end of November.

again you just jump to conclusion and start bashing the person

i know it is in end of the november but i wasn't even targeting the OP there but the person comparing the promotions that come.so i was trying to tell him that you wil get more promotions in US than india

And how long did the OP say he was in the US for? Get your facts straight.

again it wasn't meant at OP and you really need to learn the meaning of word 'fact' as you use it everywhere even when people are giving their opinions

Stop being an ass on the forum,

i'm not being an ass,you just don't like being proved wrong.

stop spamming (No seriously, I urge people to take a look at his recent posts)

you need to learn the meaning of spam too

people should look at your comments,claiming salesperson's word as fact....lol

and remember that everyone is entitled to their opinion.

i don't think it is an opinion when you are saying that the price in two countries are not that different

and saying that the comment is wrong isn't spamming

You don't have to start bashing every one whose words don't go down well with you.
i wasn't bashing in the first reply to you,you just took it as i was bashing you and took it as an offense.i was just correcting that ur comment

you started bashing me in your reply to me

^You know salespersons cannot be always wrong as well. I have seen some informed ones in some of the retail malls myself.

And please please cut some slack for heaven's sake. :\

I guess then PS3 is a better choice than an XBOX360. BTW would there be any problems with the customs?
Thanks anyways for all the answers.

Desecrator said:
^You know salespersons cannot be always wrong as well. I have seen some informed ones in some of the retail malls myself.
yeah i agree they cannot be wrong always but he was claiming that it was the truth more than just reporting what he heard

and then he bashes me that i should chk my facts when he is just putting out salespersons comments as fact

And please please cut some slack for heaven's sake. :\

i wasn't giving any,he started bashing me and then he tells me i shouldn't bash him

ysrathore said:
I guess then PS3 is a better choice than an XBOX360.

it purely depends on your needs which is the best for you

BTW would there be any problems with the customs?

Thanks anyways for all the answers.

i say don't carry the package box as customs will think you are bringing it to sell

otherwise you should be fine except a few bucks

Back