Should I buy an Single Rank 3600mhz c16 16gb x 1 x 2 Ram kits for my 5900X

princeoo7

On a Journey called Life :P
Skilled
Crucial Ballistix 3600mhz 16gb x 1 (BL16G36C16U4B.M8FB1) single channel ram is available in market. will this be a good buy for Ryzen 5000. Cost 6.8k I think for one peice :rolleyes:

3600MHz is the sweet spot in terms of frequency, but you should definitely get a dual channel configuration. Maybe 2x8 GB (or 2x16 GB if you need it and have the budget).

3600MHz is the sweet spot in terms of frequency, but you should definitely get a dual channel configuration. Maybe 2x8 GB (or 2x16 GB if you need it and have the budget).
The one I have right now is dual ranked. The one here I am thinking is a single ranked 3600mhz cl16. May be can get 4000mhz c15 or so but this was for intel as per online I checked. Don’t know what it will do too amd 5000.
why not try dual rank ECC RAM
Which are those ?

The one I have right now is dual ranked. The one here I am thinking is a single ranked 3600mhz cl16. May be can get 4000mhz c15 or so but this was for intel as per online I checked. Don’t know what it will do too amd 5000.

Which are those ?
if i recollect you have a msi board for ryzen , i am not sure whether msi has implemented ecc support on the board , ryzen does support ecc , please make sure ECC and ECC rdimm are different

You got Micron Rev E right ? Shouldn't it easily overclock to 3600 Mhz. Why are you buying new ones again ?

You got Micron Rev E right ? Shouldn't it easily overclock to 3600 Mhz. Why are you buying new ones again ?
yep 3200mhz kit is Oc'ed at 3600mhz or 3733mhz cl16. was planning to get the the 3600mhz one if it can do 3600mhz cl14 or 4000mhz cl15. read it one a forum somewhere. but the one avaialble in india is single ranked one. the one I own is dual rank one.

1612893949601.png

This is the most perfect memory for ryzen for Asrock & Asus motherboards

Last edited:
Single rank dims will help in gaming 5% at best.
Unless your 5900x has to zip/unzip all day long, don't bother about them.

yep 3200mhz kit is Oc'ed at 3600mhz or 3733mhz cl16. was planning to get the the 3600mhz one if it can do 3600mhz cl14 or 4000mhz cl15. read it one a forum somewhere. but the one avaialble in india is single ranked one. the one I own is dual rank one.
I would reiterate Mann's point as well. Check if you really need it and whether it makes a meaningful difference.

If you decide to go ahead, the module you are looking at is Micron Rev B, instead of 2 sticks opt for 4, even if each module is single rank 4 modules on the motherboard will be dual rank for the memory controller.

I would reiterate Mann's point as well. Check if you really need it and whether it makes a meaningful difference.

If you decide to go ahead, the module you are looking at is Micron Rev B, instead of 2 sticks opt for 4, even if each module is single rank 4 modules on the motherboard will be dual rank for the memory controller.
4 modules won't clock high and even if they do stability could be an issue and strain on power delivery and memory management .

Mera msi he :p
some msi boards do support the ecc but those are higher end ones maybe that might have changed not sure on that, but asrock & asus boards i think even provided ECC support right from a320 mobos

ECC would provide good stability for system and i thing these kingston rams are Micron E dies so they would OC as well , i have seen people oc ECC upto 3600mhz in some cases

BTW for ECC rams you wont get xmp amp ... Old school overclocking is reqd ,thee ryzen dram calcultor would be handy

4 modules won't clock high and even if they do stability could be an issue and strain on power delivery and memory management .
Depends on memory topology of the board, type of sticks etc. Micron Rev B at 4 sticks overclocks pretty well. Samsung B-dies on the other hand are quite heavy on the memory controller.
I am not sure if power delivery and memory management are issues with 2 vs 4 sticks on good motherboards.

Now I am just lost :p I have corsair vengence 16gb x 2 (32gb) for my second system. was planning to sell those, shift current memory to that other system and get the good one for my system. ab kya kya karu o_O

In no case should you put RAM in a single channel. But it is advisable to take a good enough frequency, such Ryzen procs love it very much. Especially if the timings are good.

In no case should you put RAM in a single channel. But it is advisable to take a good enough frequency, such Ryzen procs love it very much. Especially if the timings are good.
I don't plan to have a 64gb kit as even 32gb has not shown its complete usage for me. so if I get the single ranked memory 16gb x 2 then it will be ok I think as 32gb is what I am looking at. I got 16gb x 1 @ 3200mhz cl16 for 5.2k INR and 16gb x 1 @ 3600mhz cost me 6.8k INR. I think I will wait for dual rank version. if they get it, I will buy it else a hard pass ;)

Back