Less than 10K Should i buy an used old ipad ?

broksindri

Recruit
Never used any ios iphone or ipad device, but heard ipad is king of tablets. should i buy one entry level old ipad for casual usage ? like movies and games ?
what are its cons ?
can i transfer movies from my android phone to ipad ? or will need workarounds ?
does ipad have any powerful video player like MXplayer on android?

Never used any ios iphone or ipad device, but heard ipad is king of tablets. should i buy one entry level old ipad for casual usage ? like movies and games ?
what are its cons ?
can i transfer movies from my android phone to ipad ? or will need workarounds ?
Ipad is quite a reliable and long lasting device but that does not mean it is always a good investment.

I had ipad mini older version and it would stop supporting even basic apps like YouTube and Netflix etc. Had to sold it for very less.

It generally depends on which version you are getting and at what price. If price is good and version is not too old than it might still have some life.

Otherwise stop going after brand specially if you are consciousness about money you spent and instead buy good Android that will give you more life for near future use .

That is my advice rest upto you.

In the same boat. Wondering how long will be the 6th and 7th gen iPads will be supported. I think anything having the A12 and above should be good for the next 3 years.
6th gen has just started . 7th gen ipad is yet to come.
As for how long they support.
Ipad is usually supported for 4-5 years.

Ipad with A12 might still be just okay for next 2 years but someone who owns it might give a more better answer on how the experience is as of now.

I am also l ooking to buy iPad pro 12.9 inch with 256gb minimum but waiting for good deal or will go for nocost emi at right time.
My cousin is going to USA might get it from there.

Edit:my bad about the generation. Got confused with generation thing.

Last edited:
what are its cons ?
its not just the device, you need to get everything else too extra - connectors, chargers, etc. factor in that aspect, most forget that.

In my opinion, iPad is not the king of tablets, iPad pro is. iPad is very good but Tab s7 and Realme pad are also very good in their respective budget range.
When I connect my Android phone to my ipad pro, the phone does not appear in files app. It is available in pictures app but the folder is empty.

Back