Less than 10K Should I buy Mi4i for 9k??

avanildutta

Disciple
Hello guys ... Please help me decide..? Planning to buy a new phone? Should I buy the MI4i for 9k (after 10% discount in flipkart)..
My main concerns are durability, lag-free. Mostly for regular normal usage, few surfing, casual music (while travelling), apps like tapatalk, watsapp, browsing and maybe gaming sometime (very less).
Should i buy that or go with some other models / brands...2gb or 3gb ram?
can stress my budget to 15k. please help.. thinking of buying before 9th availing the 10% cashback scheme in f-kart)..

Please don't buy their products. Their hardware looks tempting but it's not worth it. Their software as well as their service is pathetic. On top of that their famous heating issue+battery drain.
You can go for moto g3/ samsung j7

One must understand that with the low cost, there is some compromise that would be made - quality of the product or service. With that out of the way, the Mi4i is good phone, but I would recommend going for something with more memory as you cannot expand the internal storage later on.

As for Samsung and Moto, Samsung is giving a Snapdragon 410 for 15K which does not make much sense. Moto is OK.

In the end, its your decision to make. I use a Yuphoria and Redmi 1S. Happy with the price and performance I have paid for them.

The price is enticing but I find that expandable storage is a must for me, so that might be a deal breaker for you, potentially not. As earlier stated, the unit tends to heat up... only if you use it on high graphic games. Daily use would not bring out any severe battery drain or heat, except if you use your data connection for extended periods of time, which is possible based on the apps you did mention. For me though, being lag free is partly dependent on the OS updates as opposed to the specs, so it might be better to get an Android One phone.

no

@op mi4i really sucks with the software. Please consider moto g or wait for a deal on nexus 5 16gb. I got one for 14.5k. 6.0 on nexus 5 rocks really. Or you can wait for new phone releases.. really don't compromise on software bro, as mi4i's suck.

One must understand that with the low cost, there is some compromise that would be made - quality of the product or service. With that out of the way, the Mi4i is good phone, but I would recommend going for something with more memory as you cannot expand the internal storage later on.

As for Samsung and Moto, Samsung is giving a Snapdragon 410 for 15K which does not make much sense. Moto is OK.

In the end, its your decision to make. I use a Yuphoria and Redmi 1S. Happy with the price and performance I have paid for them.
J7 doesn't has 410 theie are 2 models. One has 615 snapdragon and other Exynos 7580 octacore(which flipkart is selling. It's actually really powerful in this price range.

As for companies like Mi/Yu they have a really big issue that even though their hardware at paper seems really tempting when you compare them in real world they just don't perform that well as advertised.
Also I wans't talking about only performance, their are other factors also. Like camera J7 will have the most powerful camera even beating g3 out of all these. It depends what the buyers wants. Same goes for J7 battery backup(stock). Tweaking is another story.

I would suggest lenovo a6000 plus. It has nice specs and i have used it.. You can consider this phone which is going for 7.5k on fk. If you can increase your budget, then go for j7. Samsung got success this time making their touchwiz so snappier and accurate.

J7 doesn't has 410 theie are 2 models. One has 615 snapdragon and other Exynos 7580 octacore(which flipkart is selling. It's actually really powerful in this price range.

As for companies like Mi/Yu they have a really big issue that even though their hardware at paper seems really tempting when you compare them in real world they just don't perform that well as advertised.
Also I wans't talking about only performance, their are other factors also. Like camera J7 will have the most powerful camera even beating g3 out of all these. It depends what the buyers wants. Same goes for J7 battery backup(stock). Tweaking is another story.

Yeah - I was thinking about the J5 and typed that instead. Agreed, the J7 has a Exynos.

Camera - that is a subjective affair. Personally, I think smartphone cameras are just OK in the low end segment. You may get more noise, less clarity, etc.

Performance - Now that is a totally different ballgame. If you ask me - Samsung performance is crap thanks to TouchWiz. They are giving a lighter version now - I would consider it just a touch better crap. TouchWiz and MIUI are both RAM suckers.

At the end, it might be possible that Samsung has rolled up its socks and made a good phone, without overpricing. If yes, then its great. If not - give it a miss.

I would suggest a Moto g but the 2 Gb ram version.
Pair it up with a funky flip cover and you are all set.
It is a very comfortable phone to use. That term does mean more then a full HD screen or a slow mo camera.
Very easy to mod and already has tons of development in xda etc.
the J7 is nice but a bit too big. Might be nice if you are planing on reading and stuff on your phone

+1. True.

Have you used it? What pre-installed apps (non-removable ones) does it come with?
Yes,, my flatmate has it. I can only tell you on monday when he returns after holidays.. J7 does not have light sensor. I dont know why samsung did not included it. Free ram is about 500 mb due to heavy touchwiz usage. However, it does not affect performance of phone.

Take Moto G2, its sub 10k now..In todays day of usage, there is no point of buying phone with meager 11-12 GB of space without expansion slot. Phone with fixed memory should be at least 32gb,,16gb fixed memory smart phones are jokes in themselves

Yes,, my flatmate has it. I can only tell you on monday when he returns after holidays.. J7 does not have light sensor. I dont know why samsung did not included it. Free ram is about 500 mb due to heavy touchwiz usage. However, it does not affect performance of phone.
500MB RAM free rofl touchwiz :p
@OP I'll suggest the Moto G 3rd Gen 2GB RAM model.[DOUBLEPOST=1447399651][/DOUBLEPOST]
wait for a deal on nexus 5 16gb. I got one for 14.5k. 6.0 on nexus 5 rocks really.

forgot to comment on this, my friends who have the N5 are complaining about poor battery life which is actually not a surprise as its rated 2300mah only.
Moto G 3rd Gen will also get the Marshmallow update.

Last edited:
500MB RAM free rofl touchwiz :p
@OP I'll suggest the Moto G 3rd Gen 2GB RAM model.[DOUBLEPOST=1447399651][/DOUBLEPOST]

forgot to comment on this, my friends who have the N5 are complaining about poor battery life which is actually not a surprise as its rated 2300mah only.
Moto G 3rd Gen will also get the Marshmallow update.

marshmallow is gr8, but only wifi battery drain is all i could find in n5

Back