Storage Solutions Should I buy WD 1.5TB(15EARS) or Seagate 1.5TB hard disk?

kaps2010

Disciple
Hi guys,

I was planning to buys 1.5TB hard disk for my computer.

I was going to buy WD one as I have a 1TB WD one and it is working properly.

But I am reading on techenclave that the 1.5TB WD hard disk is having lots of RMA problem is this due to WD manufacturing issue or just that it was plain unlucky.

So should I buy the WD one or Seagate one.advice.

^Were you able to verify the warranty details of the Samsung 1.5TB drive? Who takes care of the after sales support? Asking this because I did not find one here - Service Location SAMSUNG

I suppose the only good thing is Samsung drives have a 5 year warranty as against 3 offered now by WD or Seagate.

Could you verify your drive's warranty here please - Hdd warranty check SAMSUNG

Desecrator said:
I suppose the only good thing is Samsung drives have a 5 year warranty as against 3 offered now by WD or Seagate.
Isn't SES Technologies handling the warranty for Samsung? When I called them a week back they said the warranty is only 3 years!

SES Technologies

Its written in their site too that effective March 23rd only 3 years warranty for Samsung drives.

When I went to the SES Technologies place in Bangalore to replace my doa Samsung 1.5tb drive the guy was amazed by the huge capacity of the drive and didn't have stock either :D

Oh, and the first replacement drive had loads of bad sectors and so I had to return it again. I'd say go for WD as their rma problems might get resolved and if it does then their policy is the best of the lot.

What should I buy Seagate or Western Digital,I am little skeptic of Samsung.

Is seagate better than Western Digital or should I take the risk of buying WD Green disk.

Mine has SES sticker on it. I got it from ITwares

As per below link, SES or Samsung should handle warranty and its for 5 years

News, Harddisk, SES Gears Up to Restore Samsung HDDs in India, Samsung, Samsung Korea, Samsung HDDs, Samsung India, Harddisk, Hdd Drives, Samsung Channel Partners in India, Samsung Partner's

what is meant by counter replacement ?

Desecrator said:
^Were you able to verify the warranty details of the Samsung 1.5TB drive? Who takes care of the after sales support? Asking this because I did not find one here - Service Location SAMSUNG

Could you verify your drive's warranty here please - Hdd warranty check SAMSUNG

Back