OC & Modding Should I get an after market cooler?

Mishrito

Recruit
Hello people! I have an FX-6300 (and a GTX 650Ti Boost , mobo is a Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 ). I recently found out that maximum safe temperatures for an FX series cpu is 62C.

While I have idle temps at around 35-40C, whenever I am playing games such as CoD4, MW2, Dragon Age:Origins, Witcher EE, AC2, AC3 etc, my CPU temps are always hovering just around 60C sometimes goes till 64-65C. But these games that I've been playing are kinda old, and I am planning to play games like Metro 2033 and Witcher 2, which are pretty demanding. I do regularly clean my cabinet and remove all the dust and my cable management is pretty decent, so it seems that the stock cooler isn't doing very well.

So should I get an aftermarket cooler? If yes, which one do you recommend?

PS : I don't plan on overclocking

PPS : I live in Bangalore so I can go to SP Road, or else I am also open to online purchase.

Firstly, are you using stock thermal paste?
You should try after market thermal pastes before jumping onto coolers.[DOUBLEPOST=1401982492][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, what cabinet are you using and hows the cable management etc. inside??

Actually yes, I am using the stock thermal paste. What after market thermal paste do you recommend then?

Cable management like is said is pretty decent. Cabinet is a Corsair 200R

I was in your situation some time back and I tried Cooler Master Extreme Fusion X1.
And now my idle temps are 29-34cc and on load 53-55c.

Previously, idle: 35-38c and load: 64c

Back