Other Should I go to a genuine third-party service centre instead of the authorised OnePlus service centre?

abishekh_kc

Recruit
I had my OnePlus 9R display replaced by an authorised service centre about a month ago. They does well at it. But after two days, the back glass began to degum, so the the next day I went back to the service centre. They've gummed up my back glass.

The problem arisen three days later. The same was done when I visited the service centre. After a few days, the problem emerged. But this time, I emailed the OnePlus support team directly. The manager of the service centre called me after a few days, asked about the issue, and told me it was specific to my device. Other 9R devices do not have this problem, so I was instructed to return to the service centre and leave my device there for two days so that it could be checked. I gave them my device. As promised, they returned it after two days, and the problem has since been resolved.

2 days back, I noticed that the camera edge of the back glass gradually started degumming (a very small gap between frame and back glass).

I don't know what to do this time. Should I go to a genuine third-party service centre instead of the authorised service centre?

My device is already 1.5 years old. Therefore, the warranty has expired.

I couldn't exchange this device because the exchange programme would only give me half of the exact price.

I've seen people using their OnePlus devices for years. This is my first device from OnePlus. I haven't had any major problems with this device except this degumming issue.

Can you please suggest a solution?

(These pictures are taken on the third degum and emailed to the support team.)

Attachments

• 20220732.jpeg
    20220732.jpeg
    93 KB · Views: 100
  • 20220730.jpeg
    20220730.jpeg
    87.4 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
I think you should only visit the authorised service centre. If you go to a third-party vendor they might say the problem has been aggravated by them.

Back