Should I go with Reliance Broadband and is there any FUP Applicable?

How do we know if it's available in our area? Do we directly apply for it or contact them first and check for availability?

Just contacted them and they said Night Booster Zoom 1 plan does not provide us a land line with it. I probed further to check how the system would work in that case. She said it would be normal cable connection and not ADSL. Is that true?

^Then why have they specified the land line phone charges with the scheme? And why is the offer so cheap? I mean previously the 600 kbps UL post-paid was for some 1500 INR per months IINM.

Guys plz read the reliance page properly.. There are 2 seperate schemes. One for ppl with reliance landlines or who has the feasibility to get a landline.

Another is for people who just want to take broadband.

Hi, just got the Reliance broadband.

1MBps UL plan.

Free landline with Rs 50 call credit per month.

No deposit/installation charge if paid 3 months rent in advance.

thanks

I'm using 2MbPS scheme. Its works good. Avg around 1.80 MbPS - 2.17 MbPS on torrents. Switched from Airtel because I couldn't stand their FUP and they've been screwing up with my speeds even otherwise!!

just cut my 4 something year old airtel connection and moving to reliance Night Booster Zoom 1 pan ... that is without any phone connection ... sales guy told that i will be getting the connection in 4 days so still awaiting that. Will update here once its installed.

Ok i am confused now ..which plans are discussed here :S.. on Reliance Broadnet Postpaid Page i see only these unlimited plans

zlf7lk.png

I dont see any of the following plans

600 kbps Rs 649
1 Mbps Rs 1099
600 kbps day and 1Mbps night Rs 749
1MBps UL plan

i moved to the night booster zoom1 took 4 days between form submission to them giving the connection ... the connection is given using a cat5 cable which is routed from there junction box locally( they called it server)... the first day was a fiasco i was getting 100kbps with about 80% packet loss. After several complaints they fixed it the next working day now i get 1Mbps minimum during day it goes to about 1.5 sometimes but doesn't go below 1Mbps at exactly 10 it switches to 2Mbps and goes to a maximum of 2.5 ... pings are decent.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

saROMan said:
Ok i am confused now ..which plans are discussed here :S.. on Reliance Broadnet Postpaid Page i see only these unlimited plans

zlf7lk.png

I dont see any of the following plans
There are two pages ... the page you have listed is the ones without the phone connection... although they can give a phone connection by using a device for that cat5 cable ... the other is the ones phone connection that is the one you are missing in that page.

are we talking abt reliance wi-max plans here or reliance broadband ( wired ) plans here ? bcoz i was recently approached by their salesman & he told me abt the following wimax plans that they have..

Plans wef 10.02.10 Rental

Plan Bandwidth Installation Monthly Quarterly Half yearly Annual Limit Features

Plan 1500 600 500 1500 4050 7500 13500 Unlimited Multiuser & Static IP

Plan 1900 1000 500 1900 5130 9500 17100 Unlimited Multiuser & Static IP

Plan 2200 1200 500 2200 5940 11000 19800 Unlimited Multiuser & Static IP

Plan 2700 1500 500 2700 7290 13500 24300 Unlimited Multiuser & Static IP

All The above mentioned connections are unlimited

Pls Note: Service Taxes will be charged extra at 10.3%.

Reliance has the worst customer care reps ever. I paid for the installation and all and after waiting for a month they say that it can't be done in ur area and all.Getting BSNL 750 UL for 512kbps.Hope it's good.(+ I get 2mbps unlimited for 15days.)

Back