Budget 15-20K Should I got for a 5G phone

To be honest, Redmi Note 11 that they launched last day looks fine to me. But there is no 5G. Do you think that I should skip 5G and go for the 4G model? I am not sure what to do at this point. My normal phone use case is 1-1.5 years.

Questions:-
1. Budget?
A: INR 10k-20k

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: 5.5 inch plus

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Latest Android

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: 3G and 4G support. Not sure about 5G

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Xiaomi or Samsung

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Camera, Zoom, Google Meet, General productivity apps etc

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: Dual + microSD if possible

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New. Don’t mind buying online

9. Any other requirements?
A: Need good battery backup, microSD card slot

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A: Redmi Note 11, Redmi Note 11T 5G

If going for 5G make sure you are future proofed in terms of supported bands unlike those from Redmi and 1+ which give limited band support.
Also since your period of use is for 1.5 yr max, it won't make sense to go for 5g phone since by that time, the dust around 5g would settle and you will have more clarity as to which bands are supported in India and accordingly get a new 5g phone.
Your "latest Android requirement" is not met by RN11. It comes with A11 OOB. You will eventually get A12, but at a later stage.
If you are comfortable with the compromises, then N11 is still a good buy for what it offers.

5g is senseless today in India. Only by end 2023 we might see something stable and current 5g phones are shit...marketing gimmick to capture noob customers. And its India so here 4g works like 3g so do not expect any magical 5g speeds even by yr 2024. Count on other important phone features.

Last edited:
Go with Realme GT Master Edition 5G @ 22k with exchange
Otherwise @ 25k without exchange

Then debloat the phone if you want.
Personally I would suggest
Samsung M52 5G @ 25k without exchange

Both the above phones comes with Snapdragon 778 which is a very good processor which supports 5G.

Go with Realme GT Master Edition 5G @ 22k with exchange
Otherwise @ 25k without exchange

Then debloat the phone if you want.
Personally I would suggest
Samsung M52 5G @ 25k without exchange

Both the above phones comes with Snapdragon 778 which is a very good processor which supports 5G.
But M52 doesn't have 3.5 mm jack
5g is senseless today in India. Only by end 2023 we might see something stable and current 5g phones are shit...marketing gimmick to capture noob customers. And its India so here 4g works like 3g so do not expect any magical 5g speeds even by yr 2024. Count on other important phone features.
I agree with you. People have bought and sold 5g phone. Still no 5g rollout. I would recommend to get old 4G S20 fe at 18-20k. Best phone in the market.

Last edited:
Don't go just by reading "5G" the actual thing that matters is when telecom operators support it and which bands they end up supporting. Every phone doesn't have every band.

G71 lacks compass sensor, no support for SD card and only one OS update.
Granted, its a future proof phone from 5G perspective, but Moto is known to be skipping on essential sensors in G series phones.
G71 had almost everything what a user would want..

As said by people above, 5G will take time to come. Like, the number of 5G bands varies from phone to phone, some have limited while some have more. Currently all the latest launches or medium ranges are coming with 5G enabled handsets. So for now, any 4G or 5G under 20k will be enough.

Considering your question no 7, you want Dual Sim + MicroSD. Most of the phones now comes with Hybrid sim slots which means you can use only one extra sim/memory. Even memory card slots are being removed (by increasing internal storage). But some brands like Realme are providing Dual Sim + memory card separate slot.

Take a look at this Realme 8s 5G @20k for 8GB ram. It has dual sim + separate memory card slot. It also has 3.5mm audio jack. You can try exchanging your old phone, to lower price.

I bought a Galaxy Note 3 Neo like 5 months before Jio 4g launch, then Jio suddenly launched with their free 4g data and my shiny Galaxy Note phone was pretty much obsolete right away, I couldn't sell it, I don't want to use it either, one of the worst decision I have made. If I were you I'd future proof it with 5g capable phone especially if you're not someone who change phones often.

That being said, I am not good at predicting things, some people might know when to expect 5g and when not to.

Back