Budget 31-40k Should I purchase a laptop from Lamington road?

Fireflies

Recruit
Hello everyone,
Im looking to a buy a laptop with the following configuration:
Processor: intel i3 or i5
Ram: 4gb or 8gb
Hdd: 500gb or 1 tb
Windows 8.1
Graphic card: 1 gb or 2 gb

At Croma im getting a HP laptop model: R005tx. Config: i3 , 4gb, 500gb, win 8, 2gb graphics price: rs. 36,000

Getting the same config bt model: HP R03TX @ this store named Shankkeshwar at lamington rd for rs. 26,000.
Infact he also mentioned another model HP- G6 , i5 , 8gb, 1tb, win 8 , graphic card 2gb for Rs. 34,750

I was quite surprised by the costs as online deals also dont come close to this offer... laptops with i5 processor are above 40k for similar config.

Need suggestions if I should consider buying one from lamington rd... have read instances of parts being assembled and not genuine. Also my budget is within Rs. 35,000. So any other model suggestions with the required config will help.

Thanks!

Welcome to TE !!

What is your usage ?

Also please not that Graphic card memory size is lesser important compared to chipset/model of it. A low end graphic card with 2GB memory will not perform better than mid-high end one with a gig of memory.

Hi,
Thanks for the prompt response.

My usage is preety basic with mostly browsing and working on Microsoft office. I do a lil bit of graphic designing as well... but not an avid corel draw or photoshop user.. largely use applications online. Will however be looking at installing the 2 softwares bt usage will be minimum...maybe twice in a week.
Also im looking for a 4gb or 8gb ram with sstorage capacity of above 500gb.
Hope I have shared the required details.

Also my primary concern is where should I get the laptop from? And would buying from lamington road be safe.

Cheers!

Welcome to TE !!

What is your usage ?

Also please not that Graphic card memory size is lesser important compared to chipset/model of it. A low end graphic card with 2GB memory will not perform better than mid-high end one with a gig of memory.

You might choose from following;
Lenovo G50 - 70
Dell 15 3000 series

Config apt for you would be 4th gen Core i3, 4GB RAM and 500GB HDD. Instead of bumping RAM to 8GB you can upgrade to SSD in future when you need performance boost.

Regarding purchase from Lamington road, there are mixed reviews. One of my friend purchased couple of laptops from Mac IT Solutions; they are working fine. Price will be on little higher side which you can bargain but products would be genuine.

Thank you so much for the help! Will surely consider.

You might choose from following;
Lenovo G50 - 70
Dell 15 3000 series

Config apt for you would be 4th gen Core i3, 4GB RAM and 500GB HDD. Instead of bumping RAM to 8GB you can upgrade to SSD in future when you need performance boost.

Regarding purchase from Lamington road, there are mixed reviews. One of my friend purchased couple of laptops from Mac IT Solutions; they are working fine. Price will be on little higher side which you can bargain but products would be genuine.

I bought this Lenovo G50-70 a couple of days ago (item hasn't shipped yet :mad:).
Config is i3 4010U, 2 GB RAM, 500GB with no OS and backpack included. Offers availed include the 10% SBI cashback (subject to an upper limit of 1.5K) and an Amazon gift card worth 2K (given for every laptop purchased between the 4th and 6th of October). So effective price came of the laptop came down to 22K; a decent deal.

Back