Audio Should i sell Creative M5300 to get Altec VS4121

karthikus

Disciple
Hi all basically i am a MOVIE , MUSIC and GAMING Freak. A year before i bought craetive m5300 5.1 speakers (@ that time, my knowledge in this front was very limited) and Creative Live Soundblaster card. The speakers are ok. But recently i was not happy hearing music on my speakers. So a friend of mine s ready to buy m5300 for 1500 RS. Will that be a good upgrade if i buy altec vs4121 . and is m5300 worth selling that price ? Please give some suggestions guyz !

Try and see if you can get an audition for the vs4121 as they are easily available in many places(at least they were a year back). I'm inclined to think that they would be an upgrade to cheap 5.1 setups but why not find out for yourself :D

vs4121 s available in ebay for a price of 3700 with 1 year warranty /- The only thing i wanna know s is the price of 1500 s worth selling the creative speaker for ? and is vs4121 a good upgrade from m5300?

karthikus said:
vs4121 s available in ebay for a price of 3700 with 1 year warranty /- The only thing i wanna know s is the price of 1500 s worth selling the creative speaker for ? and is vs4121 a good upgrade from m5400?

your siggy and questions are conflicting

your siggy says creative m4500 5.1 whereas it is a 4.1 speaker set :S
regarding your question the altec lansing you've mentioned wont be much of an upgrade from your current setup.
better if think in line of logitech z2300 or edifier c3 or thereabouts.

I heard some people say that the vs4121 bass is very boomy. You will have to bring the bass to 0 for watching movies. If you are comfortable in doing so then go ahead. One TE member said that it also depends on the place where you use it. If it is a hall, the bass is a + point and you will have the feel of a 5.1 setup. But if it is a not very big room then you will have to adjust the bass for watching movies.

FYI, these are all not based on my personal experience... So think twice before buying...

Typo Mistake in my Sig Config. Actually its M5300 :) 5.1 SPeakers. If vs4151 Wont be a good upgrade, how much logitech z2300 or edifier c3 cost?

Guyz ??... Pls suggest .. Should i sell M5300 and Get VS4121. I have Creative Sound Blaster 5.1 VX sound card..... Please give your suggestions Guyz... So will VS4121 + My soundcard > Creative M5300 +Soundcard ? I cant take auditions of VS4121 as they are no longer available. I have to get t via EBAY

Back