Should I sue Sony in consumer court ?

Sorry for the late reply, guys. Was busy with college and placements.
Just as I expected, they replaced the MB yet again without informing me. They also refused to hand over the faulty one.
Now everything is working fine. I suspect the culprit is the Graphics drivers that was provided by Sony for Windows 8.1. I think it caused the issues twice. The driver was pretty unstable. I reverted to Windows 8 driver and now everything works fine.

Having faced several minor issues with a new Sony laptop, and losing warranty while they could not get me a replacement - I have a better option. Avoid Sony.

Bought a laptop in March last year. Within few days noticed overheating for no apparent reason + flaky keyboard + other issues. They got me a replacement after 2 months. At the time of giving the laptop, they said warranty would be reset- but it was not. In April this year, kept noticing booting issues - went to Sony ASSC who said the laptop is out of warranty.

Having changed 3 laptops in the past, I can say that Sony ASSC is shit. Seriously. Better go with Dell or Lenovo.

Having faced several minor issues with a new Sony laptop, and losing warranty while they could not get me a replacement - I have a better option. Avoid Sony.

Bought a laptop in March last year. Within few days noticed overheating for no apparent reason + flaky keyboard + other issues. They got me a replacement after 2 months. At the time of giving the laptop, they said warranty would be reset- but it was not. In April this year, kept noticing booting issues - went to Sony ASSC who said the laptop is out of warranty.

Having changed 3 laptops in the past, I can say that Sony ASSC is shit. Seriously. Better go with Dell or Lenovo.

Moot point considering Sony has shut down their laptop division, BTW i got very good service from Sony while my laptop was under 3 years extended warranty coverage, replaced laptop's charger, DVD drive, screen, motherboard and twice got the laptop cleaned too for heating issues due to dust accumulation as the laptop was near open windows and was used/abused 24x7 as web browser, download rig, gaming rig, media centre etc..So, that 2490 INR extended warranty coverage served me well.

Back