Should Sachin get Bharat Ratna?

If Govt of India Thinks Sachin Deserves Bharat Ratna, then Atal Bihari Vajpayee Deserves Bharat Ratna. Albeit both of them don't deserve according to me.

Indians are too Good at Overaction!

I agree, if you look at the first criteria of this award, the individual must have served his country above and beyond the line of his duties. with exceptional talent.
None of this is presented by Sachin T. Besides that BCCI is a private entitity, it does not take any inputs of any of the Government Duty. Above all, Cricket is a Lazy Man's Game.
I Believe that Saina N. & Mary Kom are better contenders for this award then Sachin T.

Above All - Cricket Sucks! It has overshadowed all other beautiful and meaningful sports & players of India.

I agree, if you look at the first criteria of this award, the individual must have served his country above and beyond the line of his duties. with exceptional talent.
None of this is presented by Sachin T. Besides that BCCI is a private entitity, it does not take any inputs of any of the Government Duty. Above all, Cricket is a Lazy Man's Game.
I Believe that Saina N. & Mary Kom are better contenders for this award then Sachin T.

Above All - Cricket Sucks! It has overshadowed all other beautiful and meaningful sports & players of India.

Lol...this Sachin hate...coming from YOU ... Am I the only one seeing the irony here ? :p (sorry..couldnt resist :D)

Even the film industry / music industry is useless IMO. Still some of the past facilitated are from that field. Politicians are most useless. What do they do for the country now besides filling their pockets?
Aren't company heads from private sector too? They earn more profit than they give back to the nation.
Being private or from government is a moot point.

Our independence took as long as 200 years because of fraking conspirators. They have modified, now I see all jealous people, with inferiority complex. It hurts me to see an article like this, after all he did for more than two decades for his country there's even a question like that. I'm quite sure if the same award was given to current Indian captain, who can't hold a bat properly, less questions will be asked.

If Govt of India Thinks Sachin Deserves Bharat Ratna, then Atal Bihari Vajpayee Deserves Bharat Ratna. Albeit both of them don't deserve according to me.
Very true :p I found this reply in some forum :

And I m a Sachin fan too but speaking on facts and reality, others deserve to be rewarded before him. Distinguished freedom fighters, politicians like Atal Behari Vajpayi are still here. All Sachin did was played a sport for 24 long years and made records. Legendary ones. But still it was entertainment. Atal Behari Vajpayi led a country of 1 billion people through 6.5 years as Prime Minister, more than 40 years as a respected and excellent statesman, A true well wisher and one great leader. He was the prime minister we badly needed in time of crisis. Just imagine if Congress was in rule during Kargil War. I guess till the time they reached within 100kms of Delhi, they wouldn't have realized what is happening. Nuclear developments were done in Ataljis regime or else, Congress would have made a scam out of it.

My views -

Whats his contribution to India other in sports, because Bharat Ratna isn't given to someone who has done major contribution only to sports.

check the list and tell others contribution towards India http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bharat_Ratna

few "ahem" politicians who after getting Bharat Ratna have Bofers !

If you have objections about Sachin, why not about Lata ji, other than entertaining I don`t see her contribution. As per I know Sachin has taken the Indian Cricket to different level.
Even Dhyanchand should get one, blame the people who couldn`t nominate in that time or ministry of sports.[DOUBLEPOST=1385208785][/DOUBLEPOST]
I do. And let me tell you that it is most prestigious award an Indian civilian would get.

So you have no objection about past people getting the award but Sachin ?[DOUBLEPOST=1385209028][/DOUBLEPOST]
What i found interesting is a private company person gets bharat ratna.Because according to BCCI it doesnt fall under RTI.So technically its a private company.
Avi also one more point which i found interesting was on twitter.After that i dont give much damn about bharat ratna is this.
Clearly shows you two aren`t cricket fans !

Last edited:
That contribution is in a league of its own.

Going by the requirements to get a BR, it seems they have opened up the criteria.

You could ask the same question of artists as well isn't it or what was Nelson Mandela's contribution to india.

Take a look at the list of awardees, and the first artist gets it in '88. So at that point people must have asked the same question as well. In 2011 they decided to take it to its logical conclusion, any field in which a person excels at in a unique manner.

if you disagree, you need to source the official reasons and then challenge them.
Once and while we discuss vigorously about change in India constitution (eg. reservations etc) why not in BR in sports ?

I believe not only only Sachin but a lot of Sports personalities have open gates of other careers than engineers/doctors to youths in India...

Talking of "contribution" who knows in coming future he will do something good in some manner to help the spirit of sports.

He has always come out better whenever put under questions !

Pretty sure as he is retired and have plenty of time, must have his own plans right?

Clearly shows you two aren`t cricket fans !
I enjoy watching Ashes and SA-NZ series more than the silly IPL and idiotic Indian series which are just meant for record seeking purpose(why WI tour why not SA in india and than The SA tour excluding sachin).When 2 test matches complete in 1 single test matches day you know how strong your contender is.

Lolz btw I actually stopped playing season ball cricket because i went for a talent hunt once .There a bowler bowled 6 balls and on 3 balls the bowler wiped the stamp out.
Result of the talent hunt?
Bowler was thrown out of the door ,batsmen selected.
If you want to be cricketer from childhood and school level you see be in shield matches else you are just wasting your time trying via some gymkhana unless you have strong connections.

Agree with WI being the worst team ever visiting India, but can`t get it how its meant for records?

We were discussing why not Sachin get BR ?

Agree with WI being the worst team ever visiting India, but can`t get it how its meant for records?
We were discussing why not Sachin get BR ?
Forget it...as mentioned BR list contains many B$ personalities.
Also the way idiots asked for BR return from lata mangeshkar i dont think the term BR now contains any significance atleast for me.
My personal thinking is its too early to give Sachin such awards.As said there are many who deserve much and also would had done much better to their family if they would have got it.
Whether Sachin gets it or not one way or the other sachin would still earn 100+ crore a year.And surely it wont help cricket here.Its already been fixed by top politicans who are the administrators now.First rajya sabha seat and now this all knows who is trying to earn brownie points.Surely it will be a point mention in election that a marathi manus was elected and promoted to ask votes.

So no ranting about older BR holders but Sachin ?

There isn`t anything in India that does not involve stupid politics and their moves. Lets not get into it.There are many (not sure about them) who deserves BR but what Sachin has to do with them ? Money is relevant term but never felt so about Sachin, at least to me.

I take my previous post back, you sir seems to be quite a cricket fan..! At times could have been Sachin fan too...

I do wanted to know why the creator of this thread thinks no BR for Sachin, but I guess he is busy in picking free IOS apps...

Never mind...

I do wanted to know why the creator of this thread thinks no BR for Sachin, but I guess he is busy in picking free IOS apps...
Ahh, don't get personal bro. Its my wish, what I do, whether I reply here or somewhere else. You don't have to go this level down to get my attention.

Even I can do such stuff, but I don't.

My personal thinking is its too early to give Sachin such awards.

Why? He is not playing anymore. He is not going to add to his records anymore. So what difference does it make if he gets the award after 10/20/30 years, if all his sporting achievements are going to remain as they are?

Forget it...as mentioned BR list contains many B$ personalities.
Also the way idiots asked for BR return from lata mangeshkar i dont think the term BR now contains any significance atleast for me.
My personal thinking is its too early to give Sachin such awards.As said there are many who deserve much and also would had done much better to their family if they would have got it.
You have a valid point mate.

Back