Show off..ehh?? :P

Well, i dont know if it counts as a show off thingy, but i'm just happy to get my p990i...:) :p

I had a lot of inhibitions about migrating from the nokia menu system and also had read a lot about the p990's complex uiq menu system..but after few minutes with the stylus..its was a piece of cake...:hap2: Its pretty intuitive and responsive...:eek:hyeah: have to check other things but for the time being, just reveling in its brilliant screen...:eek:hyeah: and tht size aint too much of a problem for me..infact i really like big and bulky gadgets..something u cud feel in ur hands..thts why ditched the n73me at the shop..was getting it for almost the same price..but one look at the p990i and the n73 looked so anonymous and dwarfed..:p

the only problem with the p990i is the loudspeaker volume which is very low...but then i thought, hey u cant get everything...so its a small compromise, but nevertheless, the pros of it outweigh the cons by a big margin..:D

Got a Sandisk 1 gb ms duo pro as well...:) And ofcourse, the hpm70...:p

Some pics..:p

^ Congrats, wise decision.

What's your CDA / Organiser version, R-?

To check for f/w, click 'More' with the flip closed and select 'Status'

ah awesome phone...used to spend hours foolin around with my dads 910i , this must be so much cooler....congrats .. enjoy it ;)

nice man. yes your firmware seems to be latest.

also really good choice & also the correct choice according to me. i would have never bought a n73 in front of any sony P series cell.

Thanks shrey,Anish and stormy...:) to tell you the truth, i had gone there with an intention of getting the n73ME...:p i was about to seal the deal, but as luck wud have it, after yesterday's discussions in the mobile devices section, i had it in my mind..so i asked him to show me the p990i...one look and i cudnt take my eyes off it...:p suddenly the ever so lovely looking n73 seemed so dwarfed and plain jane in front of this beautiful monster...:p So just dumped the idea of going for the n73...n got the p990...now i too think it was really a good decision...:hap2:

anish said:
Congrats, you got the latest firmware and your phone is fabrique en France

Ohh..thts gr8 to know..:) btw, though i know its made in france as i'd asked for it particularly..but how did u find out..?? is there a way to find the place of origin in the phone/organiser firmware version?

Private Ryan said:
Thanks shrey,Anish and stormy...:) to tell you the truth, i had gone there with an intention of getting the n73ME...:p i was about to seal the deal, but as luck wud have it, after yesterday's discussions in the mobile devices section, i had it in my mind..so i asked him to show me the p990i...one look and i cudnt take my eyes off it...:p suddenly the ever so lovely looking n73 seemed so dwarfed and plain jane in front of this beautiful monster...:p So just dumped the idea of going for the n73...n got the p990...now i too think it was really a good decision...:hap2:

Ohh..thts gr8 to know..:) btw, though i know its made in france as i'd asked for it particularly..but how did u find out..?? is there a way to find the place of origin in the phone/organiser firmware version?

i think u can find out where its made after having a look at the firmware version. as malaysia & france have diff firmware names

^^Ohh okay...:p

Memnom said:
good one man, whats the damage? and can u use .sis files in this?

Well, damage was 15k for the unit (w/o bill), 1.2k for Sandisk MS Duo Pro (5 yrs warranty), HPM 70 handsfree for 500 bucks....

n now i'm thinking, i got it at a slightly higher price..:( Since Techhead bought his for 13.8k and stormy for 14.3k....:(

Anish, stormy an tech head, will you please check if ur p990i charging dock is made in france or malaysia? Everything else with the phone is fine but the dock doesnt seem to work..:( i tried connecting the charger to the back port of the dock (with correct alignment) but when i switch on the power, the phone just sits idle...but if i connect the charger directly to the phone, it charges fine..:S

Again, it charges without any issues when connected to the pc via the dock with the datacable...so does tht mean, i have to keep both the charger and the datacble connected to the dock for it to charge??

^ Ehh nope. You gotta plug the charging cable into the dock, turn on the power and the dock base glows green.

Once you plug in the phone, it starts charging.

Btw, my dock is made in Malaysia :p

Back