Mac OS Show your OS X Desktop!

Nice Desktops everyone. Perhaps more OS X users should start posting in this thread.:)

Some more from me:

20090321-mn1m3yhi7qrkdsm667g8ydc6rt.jpg

20090321-jmasndnecsdmx83u2562915mhh.jpg

Feel free to comment.:D

Why not merge this with THE DESKTOP THREAD ? Else we can have different desktop threads for Windows/Linux and maybe bsd's too :p After that one for ubuntu,one for fedora until we end up as a desktop forum :lol:

rapt0r said:
Why not merge this with THE DESKTOP THREAD ? Else we can have different desktop threads for Windows/Linux and maybe bsd's too :p After that one for ubuntu,one for fedora until we end up as a desktop forum :lol:

This is a OS X only sub-forum so this thread makes perfect sense, having all OS X desktops in one place is definitely a good thing.

Pat said:
Anyone here uses Magnifique ?

Yeah, i've used it a couple of times, though a little unstable at times its a nice little tool for swapping the themes and thats it; everything it does can be done manually too, doesn't really take much effort.

Anyways in either case make sure you backup SArtFile.bin, Extras.rsrc and Extras2.rsrc.

There are about 35-40 custom themes available for leopard, most are Magnifique compatible but having used almost all of them i can say that no single theme is great except a few, one has to mix and match elements from different themes to get the perfect blend. I'm actually myself working on a custom theme.

There are a couple of better theming utilities releasing for Leopard in future like Facade which will take Leopard theming to a new level. The developers of Facade have already released a beta of their theme developing app Architect which is really nice.

Back