Other Showroom demo display phone models vs purchased models

ashish

Adept
Today I walked into reliance digital as a friend wanted to check on a few refrigerators and there was a ruckus between the store attenders and customer.

Got to know that upon getting hands-on on a demo phone the customer bought the same model and he was furiously complaining about the display clarity of both the showrooms demo phone and the one he actually bought. Both had some differences where he claimed the demo piece was way better sharp, clear and colorful as opposed to his purchase.

While this was going on, another customer too joined the argument and he complained the same.

They were asked to visit the service centers as phones are functioning well and were given software update reasons etc. issues yet the other customer was tech-savvy and he refused to leave argument as he was claiming he matched every odd setting on both the phones yet there were differences.

Seems this is actually true. Friend owns a latest A54 too felt the display models look different as compared to the box-packed phones as display phones have clear crisp white display with color vibrancy and the feel while the one he purchased is kinda dull or doesn't have those properties. Dont know if the display models are made differently to attract and impress customers.

Has anyone encountered anything similar ?

Even if the display phones look good, I wouldn't buy them, they are usually from the initial batches, where things usually go wrong and fixed in later batches.
Sometimes they are always left on charging.

Today I walked into reliance digital as a friend wanted to check on a few refrigerators and there was a ruckus between the store attenders and customer.

Got to know that upon getting hands-on on a demo phone the customer bought the same model and he was furiously complaining about the display clarity of both the showrooms demo phone and the one he actually bought. Both had some differences where he claimed the demo piece was way better sharp, clear and colorful as opposed to his purchase.

While this was going on, another customer too joined the argument and he complained the same.

They were asked to visit the service centers as phones are functioning well and were given software update reasons etc. issues yet the other customer was tech-savvy and he refused to leave argument as he was claiming he matched every odd setting on both the phones yet there were differences.

Seems this is actually true. Friend owns a latest A54 too felt the display models look different as compared to the box-packed phones as display phones have clear crisp white display with color vibrancy and the feel while the one he purchased is kinda dull or doesn't have those properties. Dont know if the display models are made differently to attract and impress customers.

Has anyone encountered anything similar ?
You are probably looking at phones with OLED screens. The key word in OLED is organic. In short, the screen naturally degrades with time.

I can only imagine how much of the screen's lifetime a demo unit eats into, sitting on the display shelf for 12 hours a day and being manhandled by people throughout the day.

Personally, considering how inherent the screen is to the phone, I would never go with a demo unit, especially as the shop shoves units that are 6-12 months old.

Even if the display phones look good, I wouldn't buy them, they are usually from the initial batches, where things usually go wrong and fixed in later batches.
Sometimes they are always left on charging.
Its not about leaving them on charging overnight or otherwise but we inspected and felt the difference else the demo phoens should had felt inferior opposed to a boxed one.
I would never go with a demo unit, especially as the shop shoves units that are 6-12 months old.
We arent discussing about going or buying a demo phone but the tad difference in display witnessed after adjusting both phones identically in fact both phone been on same version update etc.

I can even claim this issue with laptops and yes phones its pretty common.
Forget demo phones, just compare 2-3 identical models and make similar settings on each of them and observe the differences both in display and camera quality you will be astonished with the noticeable differences.

I wonder why cant every piece look identical if they are manufactured using same brand components, machinery and robotics. Doesn't this issues gets highlighted in QC before packaging happens?

Last edited:
I remember that there is something called 'demo mode' in Sammy phones that jacks up every thing to make the display look absolutely vibrant. The same is the case with their TVs. But what effect it will have on the life of that display, dont know.
I can even claim this issue with laptops and yes phones its pretty common.
Forget demo phones, just compare 2-3 identical models and make similar settings on each of them and observe the differences both in display and camera quality you will be astonished with the noticeable differences.

I wonder why cant every piece look identical if they are manufactured using same brand components, machinery and robotics. Doesn't this issues gets highlighted in QC before packaging happens?
I have compared iPhones and panel quality is extremely close for same models. No wonder Apple is paranoid about production quality.

Back