Sify Broadband disconnects automatically

pom99

Disciple
Hello all ,

I have a sify unlimited 256 kbps/512 kbps plan in Pune. Every night at around 12.30 or by 1 it disconnects on its own. Since I keep torrent downloads on it affects my entire downloading schedule. I have ticked the auto login option but to no avail. So the only way now is to login manually which means I sit up till 1/ 1.30 every night. ( I had googled and seems I am not the only one having this problem. there are complainants since 2004 also !!!)

I have been trying since last 2 months to register a complaint with the customer care but they simply refuse to register a complaint and ask me to call at the exact time it disconnects. Only once I managed to get though to them like that and then also they refused to register a complaint.

Please tell me if there is any way to auto login without having to spend sleepless nights and why this shit happens in the first place.

Write a shell script and set it to auto execute at the specified time everyday using the task scheduler. Its only a one minute job.

P.S.: Ditch the Sify client since its the biggest pos software I have ever seen. Use supersify which is non-obtrusive and makes things a lot easier.

I am on night unlimited package and never disconnects. Only problem for me is my third party service provider Lakshmi networks, most times I will get gateway error or network connectivity failure when power goes off.

this was the reason i came out of SIFY 1 year back, monthly i will get net for 15 days only, rest of the days non connectivity. by complaining i will be spending 100-150 rupees mobile bill calling to their customer care...

at last i told them to remove the cable and take with them...

sify is good. but their FRANCHISES are bad... bad communication as well as bad maintenace..

I too face the same problem.At night around 12.30 my net gets disconnected.Then i right click on the Local Area Connection and click repair.Then it works.BTW i am on 512 night unlimited.

HellBoyX2 said:
this was the reason i came out of SIFY 1 year back, monthly i will get net for 15 days only, rest of the days non connectivity. by complaining i will be spending 100-150 rupees mobile bill calling to their customer care...

at last i told them to remove the cable and take with them...

sify is good. but their FRANCHISES are bad... bad communication as well as bad maintenace..

Yes, same issue, but I am unable to come out of this as there is no other provider for my area, otherwise I have to go for wireless which is more costlier.

halo_3 said:
Write a shell script and set it to auto execute at the specified time everyday using the task scheduler. Its only a one minute job.

P.S.: Ditch the Sify client since its the biggest pos software I have ever seen. Use supersify which is non-obtrusive and makes things a lot easier.

I have put on the task scheduler tonight. lets see if it works.

I too had the problem with Siffy and it went away when they passed a web login link

Code:
http://202.144.65.70:8090/login_rest.php

They say it only meant for Linux users but you can give it a try :p

Hello Guys

M using the Hathway of 512kbps Unlimited 24x365

But m not satisfied by that Speed BTW the service is very Good and awesome..

But i want some High Speed Net to Upload and download the files

So any options of Good Companies !!!! Waiting

Thanx .

Back