Windows SignalRGB: Unusual memory consumption issues/ Memory leak

nRiTeCh

Skilled
I'm using SignalRGB since 3-4 days and have noticed a very unusual memory consumption utilization pattern.

It starts with a normal memory consumption of some 350mb and irrespective of opening the app or not, the consumption keeps rising every second so much that this app alone keeps on consuming 5gb or even more memory.

1663513134372.png

Have uploaded logs on their Discord channel where it pointed to outdated AMD Chipset drivers and BIOS.

Have updated chipset, gpu drivers and windows to the latest. But still no go. Yet to perform BIOS update as have few queries on it on another thread. BIOS now is updated to the latest.

This is the only app which is behaving this way.

I was 200% sure nothings wrong with my system yet on request of discord dev., performed Windows Memory Diagnostics and as always results came normal (no errors).

Dev/Group is now clueless on this issue. They are requesting a complete OS re-installation which I'm not at all going to do (no logic for a mere tool to go through such a pain)
Very little users are facing this issues yet no possible solution from devs.

So anyone here using Signalrgb and have similar observations?

Last edited:
Are you avoiding or pausing os update like you normally do?

Use process explorer and dependency walker tools to see what all libraries this signalrgb tool is using if they need updating because older version can have memory leaks even if the signalrgb tool is latest.

Stuff like .NET framework etc

Back