Silent Ceiling Fans

dexterz

Adept
Looking for silent ceiling fan that still gives good air flow. Unable to use normal fan at full speed due to the noise it generates which is picked up during my teams calls. Was looking at Crompton Silent Pro Enso and Renesa+. Any one used these fans? Can share some real time feedback on noise levels of normal fans and the silent fans?

do you use this?
I have been using this fan for almost a year now. The fan makes good amount of noise at maximum speed ( 5 & Boost(6) ) but is surprisingly quiet at upto level 4 while still giving good amount of air. Although all these things are very personal and subjective, but it still makes substantially less noise than the regular fans.

I have been using this fan for almost a year now. The fan makes good amount of noise at maximum speed ( 5 & Boost(6) ) but is surprisingly quiet at upto level 4 while still giving good amount of air. Although all these things are very personal and subjective, but it still makes substantially less noise than the regular fans.
will check it out

watch some youtube video before buy ... type fan model / brand name and search youtube video
Did that. That's were I shortlisted Silent pro enso and renesa/+. Wanted to check here in case anyone had real time usage feedback and if the silent fans are silent during normal usage

Last edited:
Unable to use normal fan at full speed due to the noise it generates which is picked up during my teams calls.
It's a constant repetitive noise. Shouldn't be hard to filter out. I thought teams had features like noise cancellation. Meaning your headset does not even require it.

Tell us about your experience with that

PS: at full speed might be harder, hmm....

It's a constant repetitive noise. Shouldn't be hard to filter out. I thought teams had features like noise cancellation.

Tell us about your experience with that
I'm using it with default settings and laptop built in mic. Let me see if there is anything that can be done with NC settings if they aren't already on.

I'm using it with default settings and laptop built in mic. Let me see if there is anything that can be done with NC settings if they aren't already on.
I got a better idea that might cost you nothing.

Try that

The word synthetic is important. So anyone wants to recommend an oil with that?

Does not sound like anything is wrong with your fan. Sounds smooth

The loudest frequencies are between 60 -500hz.

I think noise cancellation in the app might help deal with that repetitive noise

Attachments

• Spectroid.png
    Spectroid.png
    79.9 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Does not sound like anything is wrong with your fan. Sounds smooth

The loudest frequencies are between 60 -500hz.

I think noise cancellation in the app might help deal with that repetitive noise
I know the fan is OK, I was just looking for quieter alternatives. I'll try the noise cancellation settings at high and see if that helps.

I know the fan is OK, I was just looking for quieter alternatives.
How can you get quiet at full speed? you run it at that speed because you need that much cooling, isn't it?

To go quieter you will be pushing less air like a fan with shorter blades but that won't cool enough

A fan with bigger blades will push the same air too at a slower speed and we've determined its not fan noise here

I think running 1400mm fan at lower speeds will output same amount of air while decreasing noise. Still IMO the most practical solution is to get a noise cancellation microphone/enable noise cancellation in the software.

This is amazing but probably overkill in this case. The most expensive noise cancelling headphones can't compete with this

Krisp is not free but easy to setup

The free stuff is more fiddly to setup

Stock solution in windows

Another possibility, this was mentioned earlier and forgot about it

Last edited:
This thread has gone to sleep ? where do things stand presently?

Was just thinking another way to prevent win noise is to use a 'dead cat', as they have on microphones in windy situations. Assuming you have a mic that can be covered like that.

Back