Sim Rigs/Cockpits.

ranakirti

Disciple
Hi,

Planning to purchase a Sim Rig/Cockpit & looking for advice from Sim racing members

Anyone using a Sim Rig/Cockpit?

Please share feedback on equipment used as being very niche there's very little info/feedback on this.

Thanks.

Anyone using a Sim Rig/Cockpit?
I plan on building one with 40x120 or 40x160 aluminium extrusion profiles and custom wheel and pedal mounting plates. It doesn't make much sense buying something like an InRacing cockpit for the price they sell. I already have a G29, T-LCM's and these, and it would be nice to get something sturdy to mount these on.

Are you using a direct drive steering wheel?
no I'm on a G29. but since thrustmaster products are sold here I'm hoping they bring in their DD here soon post launch.
I plan on building one with 40x120 or 40x160 aluminium extrusion profiles and custom wheel and pedal mounting plates. It doesn't make much sense buying something like an InRacing cockpit for the price they sell. I already have a G29, T-LCM's and these, and it would be nice to get something sturdy to mount these on.
where can we get this material and what about cutting them etc...?

where can we get this material and what about cutting them etc...?
You'll need to look up aluminium profile suppliers in your city or state. They cut them down to size if you provide them your requirements. Check this guide on designing your own rig.
thrustmaster products
Not so good. Based of my time living with the T-LCM's. Feel like a step down in terms of quality from G29; The sideways flex is bad, and you max out pedal travel before reaching 100% of the load cell's rating.

Last edited:
You'll need to look up aluminium profile suppliers in your city or state. They cut them down to size if you provide them your requirements. Check this guide on designing your own rig.

Not so good. Based of my time living with the T-LCM's. Feel like a step down in terms of quality from G29; The sideways flex is bad, and you max out pedal travel before reaching 100% of the load cell's rating.
When are you planning to start making your own 8020 rig?

Back