Simple Database for Arrivals/Despatch accounts

gREen

Im Special, gREen.
Skilled
Im running Cold storage plant and till now we are using Arrival/despatch and accounts/rent on notebooks. From the next year onward im focused to go digital. So any easy db software with VFM type.
and im using iphone and ipad, so standalone or companions apps will do great. to explain clearly,
this is how things works. goods come in quantity(bags and kgs) and sits on a room, a account is created for that party, if not already created. rent is calculated by the period and the type of goods.

the description doesn't look sufficient.

if you are sure your database is not going to be too large, i can suggest sqlite.

More information would be useful especially w.r.t your device interactions. Are you looking for a mobile app to do simple accounting? There are many free Android and IOS apps that do budgeting etc.

Not very clear about the problem. What will you do with a database w/o an application and user interface. You need to look for an application to get your job done. Let that application decide which database to use. Depending upon the size and complexity of operations database requirement may change. SQLLite is a good recommendation for simpler requirements. If the application uses .NET. SQL server Compact Edition is a better alternative to SQLLite.

I don't think SQLite or SQL Compact Edition will suffice considering the amount of transactions that may happen on a application developed for accounting purpose of Cold Storage.

The things I get from @OP's description is that...
1. When a person arrives, it needs to check if he's already present in database, if not then create an new User, else Go To 2
2. Calculate the Rent based on Type of Goods and Period of time.
3. Generate a bill (report, which can be printed).

As far as I understand, @OP is also talking about an application not just database itself.

May be he's looking for an ready made Application, in that case I'm not aware about such. But there are tons of Freelancers out there who can develop this for you.

sorry guys had been busy last week.[DOUBLEPOST=1373307487][/DOUBLEPOST]
More information would be useful especially w.r.t your device interactions. Are you looking for a mobile app to do simple accounting? There are many free Android and IOS apps that do budgeting etc.
using the mobile for quick check/correct/enter like functions

I don't think SQLite or SQL Compact Edition will suffice considering the amount of transactions that may happen on a application developed for accounting purpose of Cold Storage.

The things I get from @OP's description is that...
1. When a person arrives, it needs to check if he's already present in database, if not then create an new User, else Go To 2
2. Calculate the Rent based on Type of Goods and Period of time.
3. Generate a bill (report, which can be printed).

As far as I understand, @OP is also talking about an application not just database itself.

May be he's looking for an ready made Application, in that case I'm not aware about such. But there are tons of Freelancers out there who can develop this for you.
its just as you said. yes, a new database should be created for new party and older database should be updated with the current one.
and the rent was calculated at the time of delivery.
how to find freelancher to create such a app for me and how much would it cost?
if its simple to do, i can try.

Not very clear about the problem. What will you do with a database w/o an application and user interface. You need to look for an application to get your job done. Let that application decide which database to use. Depending upon the size and complexity of operations database requirement may change. SQLLite is a good recommendation for simpler requirements. If the application uses .NET. SQL server Compact Edition is a better alternative to SQLLite.
i havent used database before. the data comes like,

s.no - name - place - bags - kgs - room.no - type of material

the same above format applies to arrivals & dispatch with more than 1000 entries throughout the year and each one is posted on the individual accounts respectively.

its just as you said. yes, a new database should be created for new party and older database should be updated with the current one.
and the rent was calculated at the time of delivery.
how to find freelancher to create such a app for me and how much would it cost?
if its simple to do, i can try.

Well I can do it, PM me your Mail ID so that we can discuss it further.

Or you may try getting freelancer from Skillpages / Freelancer / eLance

I can do a web portal to do this using Drupal + MySQL.. You would be able to add more features later on easily if you use a framework. making reports will be very easy.

PM me the details. If all you need is a simple web app that does only what is mentioned over here then I would be happy to help. You just need to pay the hosting and/or domain fees if you don't own one already. You would be fine with even a reliable shared hosting.

P.S. You can check my profile on elance. http://techkken.elance.com

Back