Simple standalone HTTP downloader

SumitB

Adept
The setup is like this. I got a seedbox. I download all torrents to this. Helps maintain a good ratio and I don't get banned. Now, I need to transfer files from the seedbox to my local drive. Got port 80 opened for this and the downloads directory is password protected. I manually add files I need locally to IDM and it works. However, I need to leave my system on all the time. Not an issue but starting March last week, there will be power cuts in Shillong for 4 hours daily. My UPS can handle 1-2 hours of daily cuts but 4 hours will be a bit too much.

I also got an Asus RT-N16 router modded with dd-wrt and optware is running on it. Attached to it is a WD 1TB external drive. Before the seedbox, I used this router to download the torrents using Transmission.

Now, I need this router to be used to download these files off the seedbox. I did some reading and realised that I have the following options:
1. ADOS using Lost_Animal's script over Tomato firmware: Tried this but it does not work for me. I spent over 4 days trying to get this to work but failed.
2. Download Master over Asus' stock firmware: Does not work for password protected HTTP downloads.
3. Slimrat on dd-wrt: Failed to setup and use
4. pyload on dd-wrt: configured everything but got stuck with pyqt4

I need help with achieving this. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

eh didnt know Asus RT-N16 support WRT.

You can go back to its original firmware & Install Download Master software from ASUS,

It supports direct download at high speed, though torrents run crap on it.

Back