Site for professional use

M4SH

Disciple
Hello all,

Want to create a site for professional use where I'll be publishing stuff like my CV, technical tutorials etc. I expect it to be medium trafficked site and was considering hosting it on Wordpress/Blogger(Wordpress mostly) by mapping a custom domain. Please suggest some decent domain registrar. I'm fine with paying upto Rs. 500/year for a .com domain.

BigRock has good offerings for domain registration but has got bad reviews online.:( Also, please suggest if I should go for a paid hosting or Wordpress/Blogger hosting would be fine for my use.

TIA. :)

I have my domain "techkken.com" taken from bigrock.in and have not faced a problem till date.
However if opted for bigrock because I do not have a credit card and hence cannot pay in dollars. Hence had to select a Indian registrar.

If you can use a credit card then you can buy domians from namecheap.com. has got excellent reviews online. GoDaddy.com is also very popular, but lost some popularity because of the support for SOPA.
Do make a quick search on google etc. to see if any coupons are available for namecheap and/or godaddy.

If you all need to do is basic blogging and CV stuff then a Wordpress hosting would be best suited for you. Do remember that with the free version you cannot install yu own themes. and also I am not sure but I think DNS management is not there. so you will have to redirect your .com domain the wordpress url. (Correct me if I am wrong)

Also If you want a seperate host then , I use whost.in for Rs 200/month or (Rs.2000/year) for 5 domain hosting. Single domains for as low as 100/month

For domain registration you can use Godaddy.com they offer discount coupon for new registration and renewal {Google for codes) they are reliable & trusted been using 5+ years. Godaddy accept Paypal, Credit Card, Net banking, Cash Card payments.

If you like own hosting you can use Hostgator.com or arvixe.com both are good you can get low pricing for half & yearly subscription using coupon codes.

For domain registration you can use Godaddy.com they offer discount coupon for new registration and renewal {Google for codes) they are reliable & trusted been using 5+ years. Godaddy accept Paypal, Credit Card, Net banking, Cash Card payments.

If you like own hosting you can use Hostgator.com or arvixe.com both are good you can get low pricing for half & yearly subscription using coupon codes.
GoDaddy? Are you sure? One should avoid it for their bulky service. I was GoDaddy customer for one year and I have had the worst experience ever :O :(

GoDaddy? Are you sure? One should avoid it for their bulky service. I was GoDaddy customer for one year and I have had the worst experience ever :O :(

What experience? Godaddy have huge market in Domain selling business.

To keep our side safe disable Autorenew, Disable emails/newsletter/don't buy any add on services like Email/hosting/ssl/nameservers etc. etc. Till now i don't have any problem also Namecheap.com is alternative they offer free whoisgaurd for 1st year.

What experience? Godaddy have huge market in Domain selling business.

To keep our side safe disable Autorenew, Disable emails/newsletter/don't buy any add on services like Email/hosting/ssl/nameservers etc. etc. Till now i don't have any problem also Namecheap.com is alternative they offer free whoisgaurd for 1st year.

I had an awful experience with their Domain Control Panel. Talking about their hosting plans, My website was insanely slow (not only in India but in almost every country. I checked with my friends / my ROM users from over 50 countries, all reported the same). The Control Panel was as good as NOTHING, they gave me too little privileges and access over my domain. Their support was pathetic, Once I asked them about my website speed. They gave me lame reasons such as your ISP is causing this and other stuff. :-/

I had an awful experience with their Domain Control Panel. Talking about their hosting plans, My website was insanely slow (not only in India but in almost every country. I checked with my friends / my ROM users from over 50 countries, all reported the same). The Control Panel was as good as NOTHING, they gave me too little privileges and access over my domain. Their support was pathetic, Once I asked them about my website speed. They gave me lame reasons such as your ISP is causing this and other stuff. :-/

I agree with Control Panel sucks but there are tutorial available for how to use function newbie can google them or post in forum to get answer :) but still i will suggest use Godaddy coz they offer very low price for domain buying/renewing.

GD Hosting sucks i won't recommend anyone they have tons of issue x(

I agree with Control Panel sucks but there are tutorial available for how to use function newbie can google them or post in forum to get answer :) but still i will suggest use Godaddy coz they offer very low price for domain buying/renewing.

GD Hosting sucks i won't recommend anyone they have tons of issue x(

Who cares about 50-60bucks more. If I were in your place, I would prefer other domain registrar which provides good service :) And AFAIK, GD provides domains for almost a same price as NameCheap which is better than GD imho :)

Hey guys,
I dig in some more for Wordpress hosting option and turns out it's not suited for my use. So, I'm looking for custom hosting now.

Also If you want a seperate host then , I use whost.in for Rs 200/month or (Rs.2000/year) for 5 domain hosting. Single domains for as low as 100/month

I checked the site and their 1000/year hosting plan suits my requirements. I'm getting a .com domain as well for 525/year. Just a quick question though, by unlimited email accounts they mean email account with our custom domain, right?

Also, I checked bizzhost.com. They are offering 1 GB/unlimited bandwidth plan for 700/year. Any reviews for them? And they seem to be using Softaculous installer instead of Fantastico. How different is it from Fantastico in terms of Wordpress installation?

Yep unlimited email accounts means email accounts with your domain name. If you need email account on your domain, then I would suggest you use google apps like how I do at mail.techkken.com . get a full gmail like mail but using your domain name and managed by you.

I have no idea of bizzhost.com. Whost.in I am using for the last 1 month. No downtime as of yet. and quick support. you can ask for a 24hour demo too.

No idea about auto installers. I always install scripts manually.
I will point you to a link Softaculous Compare . might be biased tho.

Softaculous is far better than Fantastico
1) Softaculous support 250+ scripts
2) Modern interface
3) Good support from developer.
4) Updates scripts on regular basis.

And developed by Indian developers :)

Also, I checked bizzhost.com. They are offering 1 GB/unlimited bandwidth plan for 700/year. Any reviews for them? And they seem to be using Softaculous installer instead of Fantastico. How different is it from Fantastico in terms of Wordpress installation?

while they are 1000000's of host who resell stuff. i want to make sure you buy from guy who have their own servers..

unlimited hosting is not generally preferred unless and untill it's offered by a good company like hostgator.

ravi_9793 You are the owner of whost.in right??
yes. don't make this forum commercial one pleasee!!! tired of this whost thing. retarded thing.

while they are 1000000's of host who resell stuff. i want to make sure you buy from guy who have their own servers..

unlimited hosting is not generally preferred unless and untill it's offered by a good company like hostgator.

yes. don't make this forum commercial one pleasee!!! tired of this whost thing. retarded thing.

@swatkats I just saw his name and wondered if he is the same guy. I am already using whost. btw what about the retard thing?

Last edited by a moderator:
And how can we check that the particular company own his servers.

PS: Only few hosting company own their server (one that has own datacenter or put server in collation). Most provider rather take on monthly rental.
Even big companies like ResellerClub uses other's datacenter (Datafoundry Datacenter).

So, that means only good companies like hostgator can own a hard disk of unlimited space. :annoyed:

Sorry but how you are tired of whost thing on TechEnclave :confused1:
And can you please explain how it is a retarded thing. I will love to know bad thing about whost.in :)

I know many hosts dont have their own servers. In the last post i meant buy from them who have the Servers (not from resellers).
Reseller club have their own servers and even hostgator have their own but colocated at some Dc .

Now this unlimited thing is not really suggested from other hosts than hostgator(add other reputed hosts like h.dime etc) because they're servers are not overcrowded and they allot good amount of resources.
Most unlimited hosts oversell and overcrowded resulting in website sluggishness..

I have no interest in whost or host or ghost. I am here to help the op and other looking for help.

@Mods this thread is more like commercial thread. Please delete unnecessary posts..

- - - Updated - - -

@swatkats I just saw his name and wondered if he is the same guy. I am already using whost. btw what about the retard thing?

It wasn't for anyone. Don't like usa based hosting companies. Thats it. Add whost here

Last edited by a moderator:
Back