Size of Indian passport photo

Pimpom

Disciple
Does anyone here know with certainty the official standard size for Indian passport photos?

I've seen all kinds of dimensions cited from 3.5x3.5cm to 5.1x5.1cm (2"x2") on the internet. Many such sources present the information in an authoritative manner, complete with sample photos, yet differ in what they say. One government source says the photo "should not be smaller than" 3.5x4.5 cm.

I believe the standard size for American passports is 2"x2" and that for the UK is 4.5x4.5cm. Doesn't India have a firm standard?

To make matters worse, various official forms (not for actual passports) provide space for "passport-size" photos ranging from 1"x1" upwards, with various aspect ratios. I think the people who compose such forms think "passport size" simply means a small photo showing the face.

Does anyone here know with certainty the official standard size for Indian passport photos?

I've seen all kinds of dimensions cited from 3.5x3.5cm to 5.1x5.1cm (2"x2") on the internet. Many such sources present the information in an authoritative manner, complete with sample photos, yet differ in what they say. One government source says the photo "should not be smaller than" 3.5x4.5 cm.

I believe the standard size for American passports is 2"x2" and that for the UK is 4.5x4.5cm. Doesn't India have a firm standard?

To make matters worse, various official forms (not for actual passports) provide space for "passport-size" photos ranging from 1"x1" upwards, with various aspect ratios. I think the people who compose such forms think "passport size" simply means a small photo showing the face.

4.5 by 3.5 cm. just renewed my mom passport with this size photo.
its also on their form when you fill details and download it.

4.5 by 3.5 cm. just renewed my mom passport with this size photo.
its also on their form when you fill details and download it.
Yes.

Attachments

• Screenshot (524).png
    Screenshot (524).png
    120.4 KB · Views: 68
Thanks for the replies.
I'm an amateur photography enthusiast and I print passport-size photos - or have them printed - from time to time for family and friends. I've been using 3.5x4.5 cm for 15+ years although I don't quite remember where I got the dimensions from.

I just bought a new printer and wanted to confirm the size but, as I said, I see all kinds of sizes cited on the internet.

Till now had mostly done jugaad like cutting the pic further to fit in the form frame. In the studio we get a lot of passport options now while in early era its was just 1 or 2..

Back