SkullSaints Onyx RouterPC from ElectroniksIndia.com

vishalrao

Global Moral Police
Skilled
See: https://photos.app.goo.gl/v7qWk4suMdh25J6Y6

This one: https://www.electroniksindia.com/pr...r4-nvme-soft-router-firewall-hdmi2-0-13-ports

Let me know if you have any questions or anything you want me to try/test and report back. Currently has pre-installed Win11pro which I am about to wipe and try openWRT, opnSense, etc.

RAM is a single 8GB Micron stick at 2933 mhz rated 21-21-21-47 and the SSD is some SKHynix 256gb nvme - I think I'll test the speed and update here shortly.

Each Intel i226v NIC works individually at 1gbps link and full transfer speeds - any ideas how to test/saturate all at once?

Has an Intel AC 7265 dual band wifi+bt module - SIM slot is apparently non functional.

The green boot logo translates to "Double Control" according to Google Lens :)

Last edited:
Hello @vishalrao ,
I am planning to get this device, but would like to know more about the device.
I have following queries:
  • I am little bit confused about the CPU used in this product is it N5095 or is it N5105?
  • Also, does it have up-gradable memory slot?
  • How does the thermals looks like?
  • Is there space for 2.6 in SATS SSD?
It would be great if you could answer these queries.
Thanks in advance.

I was about to point out the pics I posted but now I'm confused too. Especially about the CPUz model info, maybe I have to install linux to see what details it reports.

Thermals were acceptable from what I remember, around 45c idle and 70c during windows updates load level and cpuz stress run for a couple of minutes.

I don't think 2.5in SSD can be accommodated though.

Single memory slot.

Some folks mentioned it's just a rebranded Chinese device, perhaps you can locate the real specs and review online?

Thank you @vishalrao , for the details.
After much back and forth between me and the seller, he confirmed much of the same details except the CPU.
Even I am not sure why CPUz is showing 2 different names, can you try and see if the updated CPUz Application shows the CPU details differently?

Thank you for the help.

Yeah the specs say 2.5gbe but I don't have any other 2.5gbe device so how do I check?

Can I just connect a cable from one port back to another port on this same router PC and suggest a way to transfer data or just check link speed in maybe a Linux install?

I'm embarrassed to say that the device has been sitting idle since I first got it and installed opnsense without configuring it lol.

I have to check the CPUz info too as asked earlier in this thread.

Yeah the specs say 2.5gbe but I don't have any other 2.5gbe device so how do I check?

Can I just connect a cable from one port back to another port on this same router PC and suggest a way to transfer data or just check link speed in maybe a Linux install?

I'm embarrassed to say that the device has been sitting idle since I first got it and installed opnsense without configuring it lol.

I have to check the CPUz info too as asked earlier in this thread.

Why dont you get a 2.5GbE or higher switch and install an equivalent card in your TRX HEDT

@nRiTeCh @mach9 we need to pull him up! :p

@op the product page says 2.5Gbe NIC but you said it's running at 1gbps. So the device is 4x2.5Gbe or 4x1Gbe ?

I just booted into single user mode (root shell) in opnsense then ran ifconfig -a after connecting a cable to two of the ports and it shows "2500Base-T" for those two ports in the output.

I'm going to install linux (probably debian 12) and see if I can run iperf3 to check the actual transfer speeds, hopefully shortly, then will update this post...
Hello @vishalrao ,
I am planning to get this device, but would like to know more about the device.
I have following queries:
  • I am little bit confused about the CPU used in this product is it N5095 or is it N5105?
  • Also, does it have up-gradable memory slot?
  • How does the thermals looks like?
  • Is there space for 2.6 in SATS SSD?
It would be great if you could answer these queries.
Thanks in advance.

If it means anything I just went into the BIOS where it shows N5105 but this is still doubtful because you never know how the clever Chinese might have modded this device to show dubious info.

Back