Slow download-speeds on Chrome & Firefox

Kilroyquasar

4 seconds, inhale; 4 seconds, exhale.
Skilled
Hello everyone!

since sometime, am observing that, both, on my desktop (wired connection), as well as on my laptop (on wifi), the download-speeds on both the browsers are very slow. however, when downloading with IDM, the same files which download slowly in the browser, they download at the optimum speed as per my connection-plan (MTNL DSL 1333 UNLTD; 1 mbps day, 2 mbps night). could someone please explain what could be the issue?

thanks!

EDIT: this issue wasn't present earlier.

Last edited:
@Kilroyquasar

Has happened with me in MTNL. May be i am just speculating but i feel that i get lesser download speeds in FF or Chrome but IDM take entire bandwidth. Hence i rarely download anything from these browsers and only use IDM whenever possible.

yes, i use jDownloader and IDM, but was just asking, as many-a-times it so happens that you just want to download a small file quickly with a single-click, instead of starting it with the DL managers (esp. after chrome now is partially supporting IDM, many-a-times i have to manually start the DL through IDM).

earlier, it wasn't like this in the browsers. don't know is it from MTNL's side or what. strangely, i sometimes get full DL speed on a DL in chrome, when there are less number of tabs open (no videos or any bandwidth consuming stuff running on the other pages; hence, understandably). but y'day, i noticed that a DL started with full DL-speed in chrome, and then suddenly it dipped to its 1/10th! case is worse in FF.

I've also faced similar issue with chromium but I think it's more optimized for browsing rather than downloading stuff.

FF has some cool addons with which one can get max possible download speed. Opera 12.15 iand ie 10 are also good in downloading but I use ie with idm and for rest of the browsers try eagle get.

I've also faced similar issue with chromium but I think it's more optimized for browsing rather than downloading stuff.

FF has some cool addons with which one can get max possible download speed. Opera 12.15 iand ie 10 are also good in downloading but I use ie with idm and for rest of the browsers try eagle get.

i think chrome and FF, both have downplayed the aspect of 'downloads' in their recent updates (FF v22 has even 'temporarily' withdrawn support for IDM, and chrome has partially). i think this explains the low DL-speed issue. never mind, when we have the likes of IDM, jDownloader, flash-get, eagle-get, etc., then there's not much to worry!

P.S. - could you please name 1-2 FF add-ons for the download-thing?!

i think chrome and FF, both have downplayed the aspect of 'downloads' in their recent updates (FF v22 has even 'temporarily' withdrawn support for IDM, and chrome has partially). i think this explains the low DL-speed issue. never mind, when we have the likes of IDM, jDownloader, flash-get, eagle-get, etc., then there's not much to worry!

P.S. - could you please name 1-2 FF add-ons for the download-thing?!

Download Manager Tweak / Download Panel Tweaker
Video DownloadHelper
FlashGot Mass Downloader
and my favorite : DownThemAll

may be OT but not having genuine site for HD Audio (236kpbs..) and HD Video songs/movies (mkv, avi format)... anything best... After searching a lot, Frozen-Madona, mkv video file could download y'day...eat hard searching time..

Back