Slow internet ? Look in here!

Amaresh

Adept
Undersea cable system repair may hit Internet service in India

NEW DELHI: The disruption in the SEA-ME-WE 4 undersea submarine cable system, which links South East Asia and Europe, is likely to affect the high-speed Internet services in the country.

The South East Asia-Middle East-West Europe 4 (SEA-ME-WE 4) project links the two regions via the Indian sub-continent and the Middle East. The project is run by a consortium of 16 international telecom companies, including Indian majors Bharti Airtel and Tata Communications.

According to sources, the disruption in the undersea cable network near Italy is likely to hit the broadband connections in India.

Maintenance of the undersea cables will be carried out for the next four days, which may cause some disruption in services.

However, the companies have taken various steps to minimise the impact, sources said.

Going by the project's official website, the undersea cable system has terminal stations in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Bangladesh, India, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Italy, Tunisia, Algeria and France.

"The project aims to take these regions to the forefront of global communication by significantly increasing the bandwidth and global connectivity of users along its route between Singapore and France," the website said.

Undersea cable system repair may hit Internet service in India-Internet-Infotech-The Economic Times

My internet has been crawling since Morning, probably as a consequence of this. Is there anyone else facing a slowdown ?

Aha as i had thought.I told my mom the same thing.And what i suspected is quite true.Facing slow net speeds from yesterday afternoon.Hope this gets solved quickly :)

I got a message from Airtel saying that speed would be affected between the 24th and 27th due to this. Haven't faced any issues though, as good as always.

recently I changed my broadband plan to BSNL Unlimited (fairuse policy) &

experiencing slow speeds since the plan change - confused if plan change

was wrong decision OR its due to the cable cut ...

I am on MTNL Triband 849NU 2Mbps plan........ downloading & surfing seems fine...... but cant play online anymore....... ping spiking to 300ms on UK servers...... 500ms on Malaysian servers.....

Till Sunday ping was 150ms to UK and 110ms to Malaysia...... hope they repair the cables quickly......

panzer008 said:
I am on MTNL Triband 849NU 2Mbps plan........ downloading & surfing seems fine...... but cant play online anymore....... ping spiking to 300ms on UK servers...... 500ms on Malaysian servers.....

Till Sunday ping was 150ms to UK and 110ms to Malaysia...... hope they repair the cables quickly......

why?? try playing on Indian servers :/

why?? try playing on Indian servers :/

I like to play COD4 on big servers like 45-50 player servers:D....... no indian server tht I know has more than 12-14 players:no:..... thts why hav to opt for UK servers and since I get 300ms on US servers.... at 150ms UK seems best option for owning players... LOL:eek:hyeah:

Back