Slow Juicer

Fruit juice is very bad for health. Eating raw fruits is better :)
True, juices are harmful; for oral hygiene esp. teeth decay and contribute heavily to cavities etc. on the other hand eating fruits boosts teeth and overall oral health, help gums to be stronger and much more..

Eating fruits is healthier because of the fibers they have. The juices might taste better and might have more calories, but its the fibers that satiate our hunger, so we won't get peckish quickly.

Get a Kuvings juicer. It's the best.

It's a little above your budget but it's well worth the price. This brand was recommended by a doctor for my friends mother. She has some medical issues and was recommended juices.

I have a Hestia Nutrimax which I had bought for approx 15k last year and it works well. Kuvings is also good from the research I had done. Slow juicers are much better than centrifugal juicers as they extract much more juice, and the juice doesnt get heated like in centrifugal juicers (heat destroys the nutrients). Also, if you are health conscious, have vegetable juices instead of fruit juices. You can even make nut based milk using the slow juicers.

I ordered this because i like fresh orange juice.

Delivered yesterday.
504DFA68-7BE4-44E0-81FC-3E1E87F6774C.jpeg

Last edited:
Preserves nutrients better and also allows longer storage. The reason for this is it does not add air to the juice. Less oxidation. That's pretty much it.

A manual juicer comes to the same thing.

The Sujatha is a centrifugal, works fine with hard produce but also creates more waste. Very loud too. But its the cheapest option. Those blades get blunt. Nothing gets blunt in a slow juicer. There is more pulp with them. Pricier ones keep that down unlike Chinese knockoffs. There is always a strainer.

Slow is about juice quality. Taste ? ever done a taste test between the two off the same produce. They look different. The slow looks rich the other less appealing because its oxidised and the change can appear quickly. The slow won't separate out as fast.

References

Now there is something better still. It's called vacuum blending. No air means no oxidation. The hassle is you need to strain things out the way our mothers did and i just can't be arsed to do that.

See Table 5

Retains disease/cancer fighting nutrients the best. That's what it boils down to.

A centrifugal is a bad choice these days if you're looking for nutrients. Speed wise there is nothing to beat it. At least you opted for one with a extraction chute so you can juice loads with it. There's youtubers recommending simple centrifugals which will top out at over a litre and require a clean.

A decade back Joe Cross used a centrifugal to lose weight and inspired millions to follow. But there's better ways these days.
At that budget maybe the Bosch Vita Extract. The downside with that model is the plastic is clear and will stain after some time but it will likely have spare parts and the motor is made by Bosch, registered with the India patent office.

Avoid the Chinese knockoffs (Agarro, Borosil, Koryo, Usha, Hestia etc) because spare parts won't be available and if one things breaks the whole juicer is done. Even the Panasonic has this issue unfortunately. Otherwise that Panasonic makes a good travel juicer. At this budget from genuine brands that's what you can expect.

If you want a wider feed chute then my recommend would be the EVO700. It fixes the bugs in the earlier Kuvings B1700 which you should avoid since it came out back in 2014.

Comes down to spare parts. Kuvings & Hurom have them.
I ordered this because i like fresh orange juice.

Delivered yesterday.
View attachment 118781
Then you better watch how the late Jay did it.

What they don't tell you is if you juice it with the skin on then you can get high. Don't know if that applies with a slow juicer but it does with a centrifugal :)

And always keep the spout cap open when you're juicing. You'll get 5%+ more yield as you won't be wetting the pulp.

The ads show it closed and every reviewer i've seen does it because they want to see the colour. I rather get the yield.

Last edited:
I tried drinking oj with peel. I didn’t like it because it was bitter. Didnt get high just bitter juice.

Back