PC Peripherals Small, low power download rig/development server...

deltasquare4

Disciple
I am looking to build a cheap download rig cum occasional development server. I was going through all the posts with suggestions for download rigs and I could not find anybody who is hosting a development environment along with file/media server.

Basically, I need to know if Atom 330 is capable of running a java application server with 2-3 small applications while still providing file server capabilities.

I am thinking of atom for this job because I don't do cpu hungry tasks the whole day. Moreover, I have a BSNL night unlimited connection so, no downloading whole day. So, power consumption is a critical factor.

I plan to put the system on s3 mode most of the time if that's possible/feasible. But, whenever I need to access some files and stuff, it should not take more than 15-20 seconds to wake up.

I narrowed down to Zotac ION ITX A/D series. I am still checking its availability in India. It should be available as indian distributors are listed on their site. Anyone has any experience with this board? It comes with a Gigabit LAN and a mini PCI Express wifi card. So, this will be my wireless NAS cum AP. :eek:hyeah:

Any suggestions?

Back