Budget 31-40k Small screen Windows laptop - HP Pavilion 11 x360?

logistopath

Molar Police
Staff member
Super Mod
I'm on the hunt for a laptop, and more than anything I would prefer a small display lightweight unit. However, I cannot compromise on performance either, and I would prefer an i5 processor at least.

I stumbled upon this laptop during my search.. http://www.flipkart.com/hp-pavilion...j68pa/p/itme3ws6vejurqrk?pid=COME3WS67GJZJ3BK

It is a dual core i5 5th gen processor with 4gb ram and windows 8.1. Also comes with touch display. I couldn't find any reviews about the same anywhere. Can someone tell me if the processor is good enough? I'm not sure coz the clock speed is 800 MHz.

Are there any better alternatives? Anything less than 13" with i5 and min 4gb ram would be ideal. My budget is a strict <40k.

800Mhz only?? :eek:

Why are they lowering the clock speeds with every newer gen?? ( I know for lower power consumption etc but what about performance? )

It's not Core i5, it's Core M. The entire priority for Core M is to get power consumption down to 4.5W, the magic number for fanless.

It's not Core i5, it's Core M. The entire priority for Core M is to get power consumption down to 4.5W, the magic number for fanless.
Wasn't aware of that. Thanks for the clarification. Any idea about their performance in comparison with core i3 or i5?
if you can forget the 13 inch display so you can buy a good laptop
Yes, I am aware of that. But I want a small display more than anything else. Am planning to get one from US now, even if it means waiting for a few months. There are hundreds of options in 11" to 13" range over there.

I am posting this, coz you said lightweight.

I had the Thinkpad X140e and a HP 11 or 12 inch Tablet/Laptop hybrid thing for around 30 days each(Love Amazon prime and bestbuy return policies :D :D :D). Even though they are both small screen, they are HEAVY for their size. They felt almost as heavy as my Dell 14" work laptop. :S. My 13" Acer Aspire is feather weight comparing to that. I hope you have free returns for this item from flipkart or checked it out already for the weight.

And touch on laptop. I hope you already use this feature on a laptop. Not just getting it for first time. My 13" and the HP are both touch screens. A feature i hardly use. Dont know with a keypad and touchpad in front of me, I never felt life reaching over. Except in metro screen.

@m-jeri I'll keep the weight factor in mind when I decide on which laptop to buy. I haven't bought the laptop yet, and I guess I'll be waiting for a couple more months for my friend to return from the US before pulling the trigger. This particular HP hybrid that I have linked in the first post, the weight is mentioned as 1.4 kg which I guess is light. However, it is the performance part that I'm worried about.
And no, touch display has never been a priority for me. I am not sure I'll be using the feature at all. As mentioned in the first post, my priority is SMALL + LIGHTWEIGHT + PERFORMANCE. I am used to a core i5 machine for the past 4 years, and I want something better. 13" or smaller would be ideal. And as light as possible.

Back