Smart Bulbs that support flashing custom firmware

ishanjain28

Disciple
Hey,

I need a few RGB/White only Smart bulbs. I need maybe 2-3 12W bulbs and some 9W bulbs.

These are the additional requirements.

1. It has to support flashing custom firmware. The issue with the firmwares from Syska, Mi and possibly others is that they go into pairing mode when the power to the bulb is cut off few times in quick succession. This will happen frequently here because of power cuts and most of the time bulbs will be stuck in pairing mode. With a Custom firmware, I hope to avoid this problem.

2. I prefer bulbs that support screw-in base. A lot of smart bulbs are relatively heavier than their dumber versions. With the other type of installation, They sag and disconnect from the socket over time. (Has happened with quite a few installations already in ~1.5-2 years). Screwed in bulbs don't do that.

Hue is not really an option because the bulbs are so expensive(3K for 10W bulb) and there is no 12W bulb. Another option that has been recommended is yeelight. I'll check them out later.

Solimo was used by another TE member in the past in their setup but Solimo bulbs have been oos for quite some time now.

Absolutely no clue why you were banned but Wipro bulbs are not flashable with tuya anymore.
If you still really want to do it, You'll have to open it up and flash tuya over serial. I tested Wipro and Syska and both of them failed with a "device firmware is too new" error.

Back