Budget 10-15K Smartphone below 15k

Leah_Susan

Recruit
I am a college student and in need of a budget smartphone. My budget is 10-15k.
I would prefer a phone with a good chipset and possibly a good display. I game once in a while, other than that my needs are basics. The phone will be mainly used for listening to class, social media, checking emails etc.
I am thinking of getting Redmi note 10. But I don't know if I should choose Poco m2 pro or redmi note 9 pro.

Please help

In addition to the Redmi Note 10, you can also consider Realme Narzo 20 Pro if you're not a fan of MIUI and prefer a relatively cleaner UI. Also a 90hz refresh rate display since you mentioned gaming.

For light usage you can check out the Samsung M21/M31. Huge battery and OLED Display.
The M21 has a 48MP camera which is amazing for clicking pics of documents or pages (or notes), though you can probably get a better camera for general use elsewhere.
I have had the M21 for the past year and since I don't game on my phone it fits all my needs and then some. Not sure how the gaming performance is.

For light usage you can check out the Samsung M21/M31. Huge battery and OLED Display.
The M21 has a 48MP camera which is amazing for clicking pics of documents or pages (or notes), though you can probably get a better camera for general use elsewhere.
I have had the M21 for the past year and since I don't game on my phone it fits all my needs and then some. Not sure how the gaming performance is.
How's the battery life?

Since most have offered suggestions, I would say do look for reviews on YT to get an experience about the use and performance of the device.
If extending budget is not an issue, you can also look for poco X3 pro which costs 17k. Good battery, processor is also good and will suit your needs. The only con I would say would be it has IPS LCD rather than Samoled. Also do take note of you don't like Miui.

Since most have offered suggestions, I would say do look for reviews on YT to get an experience about the use and performance of the device.
If extending budget is not an issue, you can also look for poco X3 pro which costs 17k. Good battery, processor is also good and will suit your needs. The only con I would say would be it has IPS LCD rather than Samoled. Also do take note of you don't like Miui.
Unfortunately most of the YT reviews especially when it comes to Samsung phones are fraud, samsung asks them to shill good things about samsung phones.

What I normally do is first watch videos from those paid youtubers(most with 5-6 million subs) probably to get a hang of what the device is. Then go to mid level youtubers who speak truth but also miss out on some. Then go for the upcoming youtubers who have purchased the device with their own money and won't shy to mention genuine pros and cons. That way, you get a holistic perspective. If there is any particular good/bad point it keeps highlighted everytime.
I know it takes a lot of time but when you are investing your hard earned money, it's good to do your homework, more so in our country where anyone will try to fleece you at any moment.

Samsung is definitely not for people who need the latest and greatest. But for people who only use social media, messaging and watch content on netflix and youtube it's a pretty good deal, because the speakers, battery and display are the main focus.

What I normally do is first watch videos from those paid youtubers(most with 5-6 million subs) probably to get a hang of what the device is. Then go to mid level youtubers who speak truth but also miss out on some. Then go for the upcoming youtubers who have purchased the device with their own money and won't shy to mention genuine pros and cons. That way, you get a holistic perspective. If there is.
You should just look at GeekyRanjit, he is always busy roasting these companies, haha.

I got a Redmi Note 10 Pro for ₹16k for my sis and its a pretty good deal imo. Good looks, great display, decent processor. Debloated it the first day and its going good. May flash Lineage OS few months down the line.

I don't have much confidence in Exynos 9611, so won't recommend M31/M21. I am not very fond of Realme's UI or BBK's ethics but you can look at their offerings as well. Poco X3 Pro is another good deal if you are looking for some extra fps while gaming.. but for media consumption OLED display is a big plus over any IPS display.

I don't care for 120hz but I can't go back to an IPS display after using an OLED display.

The only reason I watch Ranjit's video is for his constructive criticism. Most of those laid, I mean, paid youtubers will skim over details which are deal breakers at time. This guy purchases retail units to give his opinion and that is what matters. No phone is perfect. It's for youtubers to mention both pros and cons.
Can you give your feedback whether there is any issue wrt proximity sensor? Ranjit mentioned it, it seems all his 3 Note 10 devices had issues. Xiaomi also admitted it, but plays it down to 0.03%. Device is good, but skipping on basics like these can be a deal breaker for some.

Can you give your feedback whether there is any issue wrt proximity sensor? Ranjit mentioned it, it seems all his 3 Note 10 devices had issues.
Though she hasn't put her sim into it yet but after you mentioned, I checked and seems like Xiaomi hasn't put a proximity sensor in this phone. Instead they have gone for some 'ultrasonic' trickery is what they are calling it.

It doesn't work when the phone is horizontal but worked 90% of the time when the phone was vertical or inclined. Seems like something which may improve with software updates too.

Go with Samsung and take peace of mind... and now Samsung offer 3-4 yrs Update also.

Agree, Samsung may be not so fast/blazing for gaming but you too not going to use it purely for gaming or for any rocket science experiments...

Back