Smartphone - Budget @ 25k

comp@ddict

Skilled
My friend wants to buy a touchscreen smartphone, his budget is 25k.

Now he has no idea about smartphones. He was asking if HTC Firefox is good. I asked him he was asking about HTC or Firefox(I think he meant HTC Wildfire).

I'm inclined on giving him the Nokia N8 for 23.5k, but at 25k, I think there are plenty good androids with good cameras too.

So suggestions anyone?

If possible wait for the SE Xperia Neo. Price @ launch should be ~22k-23k (Preorder 25k)

If Cam LED flash is not mandatory then the Galaxy S i9000 ~ 25k (Old SMOLED one with Hummingbird and SGX540)

You can get the N8 for ~22k!!

Nokia N8 | Nokia N8 Price in India | Reviews, Videos - 91mobiles.com

Samsung Galaxy S (I9000) | Samsung Galaxy S (I9000) Price in India | Reviews, Videos - 91mobiles.com

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Samsung Galaxy S I9000: Full Phone Specifications, Price, Reviews

DarkAngel said:
If possible wait for the SE Xperia Neo. Price @ launch should be ~22k-23k (Preorder 25k)

If Cam LED flash is not mandatory then the Galaxy S i9000 ~ 25k (Old SMOLED one with Hummingbird and SGX540)

You can get the N8 for ~22k!!

Nokia N8 | Nokia N8 Price in India | Reviews, Videos - 91mobiles.com

Samsung Galaxy S (I9000) | Samsung Galaxy S (I9000) Price in India | Reviews, Videos - 91mobiles.com

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Samsung Galaxy S I9000: Full Phone Specifications, Price, Reviews
^^^+1

even i would suggest wait for xperia neo or else go with galaxy s

^^ Silly N900 is grandpa now! :p

I think I'll go for N8, E7 seems an overkill for him, and budget wont be extended by more than 500 bucks max.

I'm also banking on Sony Xperia Neo, but is it available already?

Buying phone on 22nd March

comp@ddict said:
^^ Silly N900 is grandpa now! :p

I think I'll go for N8, E7 seems an overkill for him, and budget wont be extended by more than 500 bucks max.

I'm also banking on Sony Xperia Neo, but is it available already?

Buying phone on 22nd March
Buddy why not an Android phone? Nokia Symbian OS is almost dead... Android OS and iOS are ruling... :)

Hades. said:
Buddy why not an Android phone? Nokia Symbian OS is almost dead... Android OS and iOS are ruling... :)
err thats why I asked about Xperia Neo....?????

Galaxy S w/o the flash, that guy will start crying that I give him a 25k phone which doesnt even have flash.

Galaxy S i9003 is removed for the same reason, his budget is 25k, and he is willing to spend 25k(not 19k) and get the best phone under that price.

Heres the shortlist till now:(not in order of preference)

1. Nokia N8

2. Sony Xperia Neo

No stretching budget!!!

The HTC Incredible S seems good, but I dont see why to pay 3.5k premium over Sony Xperia Neo's 25k price tag for the same features.

I think it's most probably Xperia Neo, it looks sexy the thing!

EDIT:

Xperia Neo @ 25k

http://www.flipkart.com/sony-ericss...f7ed?ref=47161adb-37bf-4844-9f63-0fe0adc07495

N8 @ 23.8k

http://www.flipkart.com/nokia-n8-bl...zwt3?ref=47398940-3de4-4e8e-84f0-07566ac651d5

Which one guys?????

OFFTOPIC:

Dell XCD 35 got cheaper @ 13k

http://www.flipkart.com/dell-xcd35-mobile-mobctm5tkczg6htv?ref=b75b30ed-3f79-446a-ac5c-2a8a82af1a77

No, I think Xperia Neo is the one. Have you guys seen the benchmarks? the phone absolutely kills competition.

Never thought Adreno 205 would oust the PowerVR SGX540. Well, good drivers I guess. And it comes with Android 2.3 from start, great!

comp@ddict said:
No, I think Xperia Neo is the one. Have you guys seen the benchmarks? the phone absolutely kills competition.

Never thought Adreno 205 would oust the PowerVR SGX540. Well, good drivers I guess. And it comes with Android 2.3 from start, great!
I didn't suggest the Neo coz I hate SE Phones. But then, that is my POV. If the OP has no issues with SE, he may opt for the Neo.

for 25k mate i suggest u pick up either a HTC incredible S or a Desire HD...both are smashing phones...personally I prefer the aluminum alloy unibody frame of the Desire HD to the ruggedised plastic body of the Incredible S...Both have same hardware though...

Back