Budget 20-25K Smartphone for Elderly

kg_87

Disciple
Hi Folks,

I am looking to buy a smart phone for my mother.

1. Budget?
A: INR 15k-20k (can extend a bit)

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: No strong preference here.

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: 4G, 5G

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: No brand preference per se.

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Multimedia ( Facebook / Whatsapp / Youtube ), camera , banking and little bit of gaming ( Farm Heroes kind)

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: Single SIM

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New. Don’t mind buying online

9. Any other requirements?
A: Long battery life and a sturdy screen.

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A: NA

Last edited:
I have got Poco M2 for my aunt for the uses similar to what you mentioned. If you can forgo that skittle oversized screen then it is a good buy for 10k. Sorry, it has no 5g.

Last edited:
Lots and lots of devices in this range...

You can always go for Samsung - As the underpowered processor wouldnt matter and the overall quality/os is quite good - Now they have promised updates for 4 years too - Huge batteries in all their models in this range

Redmi Note 10 pro max is going to launch soon - if not already

Redmi devices are okay as well but the software is not as mature as samsung and mi, so for the elderly might not be a good choice but apart from that Realme X2 pro has dropped to 25k this week itself on amazon

If you can extend your budget and want a little bit of a premium device - can go for pixel 4a as well

Long story short, 5G is still atleast 2 years away until beomes feasible so my suggestion to you is to avoid 5G phones this cycle and opt for it during the next purchase. The so called 5G trials are already happening in various circles but it's not the true 5G in the strictest sense.

Back