Budget Above 40k Smartphone upgrade from Galaxy Note 9

Ssreek

Adept
Which phone is the right upgrade from Samsung Note 9?
I liked iPhone 13 pro and also thought of S22 Ultra, but there are way too costly :(

So based on budget, it is either iPhone 13 or S22+.
Since image quality is main priority, I cannot consider the Motorola Edge 30 pro.
Gaming performance is not a priority at all.

If Image quality is biggest priority then Would suggest to go for Samsung S22+ but If you'll shooting videos then hands down nothing can beat iphone when it comes to video recording

I'm still torn between S22+ and iPhone 13...I just have two more days to pick...
The price difference between both is very significant...
Any suggestions/info/feedback would be very helpful.

Which phone is the right upgrade from Samsung Note 9?
How will you adapt to no microsd card ?

This is the main thing putting me off from the S22 which otherwise are rumoured to have snapdragon cpus.

My only option in this case is S20 FE 5G not any higher as samsung annoyingly got rid of the microsd card slot.

I don't understand why when its a hybrid slot to begin with.

This is the main thing putting me off from the S22 which otherwise are rumoured to have snapdragon cpus.

My only option in this case is S20 FE 5G not any higher as samsung annoyingly got rid of the microsd card slot.

I already adapted to not having sdcard.. Initially i was using 1 sim + sdcard, but later on i had to use 2 sims and therefore couldn't use sdcard.. Later i got a type c pendrive and it wad quite useful to copy files to multiple devices.. Slowly i forgot about sdcard itself... Besides, going further sdcard won't be there in any phone I guess.

My main concern is image quality.. We have young kids at home and capturing those moments is very essential.. I have a dslr but still there are many moments where carrying it isn't possible..

How much storage do you need in a phone ..most of the flagships have no storage options.. i have used lot of phone from 20k to 120k.. and i am satisfied with the 256gb memory everytime almost .. for flagship grade performance you have to compromise on storage for many years to come.

I already adapted to not having sdcard.. Initially i was using 1 sim + sdcard, but later on i had to use 2 sims and therefore couldn't use sdcard.. Later i got a type c pendrive and it wad quite useful to copy files to multiple devices.. Slowly i forgot about sdcard itself... Besides, going further sdcard won't be there in any phone I guess.
Yeah, i either bite the bullet now or delay some more years.

I managed with a64Gb phone and five years later still have 20GB free. My sdcard is almost full at 128GB and will be replaced with a 200GB one.
My main concern is image quality.. We have young kids at home and capturing those moments is very essential.. I have a dslr but still there are many moments where carrying it isn't possible..
Of course. This is the main reason that camera remains the main draw with phones. And one that allows premiums to be charged.

Yeah, i either bite the bullet now or delay some more years.

I managed with a64Gb phone and five years later still have 20GB free. My sdcard is almost full at 128GB and will be replaced with a 200GB one.
What do you actually store to fill that much data? Probably not some exams folder.

Of course. This is the main reason that camera remains the main draw with phones. And one that allows premiums to be charged.
Well that’s the big question…is iph13 cam better than n9, that’s my main concern

What do you actually store to fill that much data? Probably not some exams folder.
Things i've collected over the years. Video clips, audio. Nice to have them on tap and not need a network.
Well that’s the big question…is iph13 cam better than n9, that’s my main concern
There's two aspects here. Photo and video. From what i can tell the iphone usually has a slight edge with video. Less dropped frames etc.

For stills it's who takes the photo that matters more than what took it. How well do you know your gear.

Between phones of the same generation, the differences are slight.

What does happen is if you are used to a certain look say apple's sauce or samsung and then see another you either like or don't like it. And it has more to do with colour and processing than anything else. These days with all this 'AI' business it can be tricky to fix shots because who knows what else got added on top.

I was looking at some IP13 shots a while back, some one comparing them with another camera and the strangest thing was the iphone got the white balance off and the photos looked excessively yellow. That is an odd thing because i've not noticed that happen with lower end phones all that much. Easy fix in post.

I was looking at some IP13 shots a while back, some one comparing them with another camera and the strangest thing was the iphone got the white balance off and the photos looked excessively yellow. That is an odd thing because i've not noticed that happen with lower end phones all that much. Easy fix in post.
I have seen that in my relative's iPhone 12 too...I thought maybe it's his device issue or smthg..Apple prefers warmer photos as default I guess.

Do not upgrade now. Wait till September for next gen iphones. Design refresh is likely to happen and it is going to be bye bye lightning port .

I too thought of this, but check this link below.

As per latest rumors, they can't use type c till "foreseeable future"...The article explains rumors and thoughts from a prominent person..
My guess is, they might be going for portless totally

Last edited:
Back