Budget 10-15K Smartphone upto 15K

1. Budget?
A: 15k
2. Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar
3. Preferred display type?
A: TFT/AMOLED (if possible)
4. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Samsung phone preferable
5. Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen
6. Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Required. Apart from camera at the back, front facing camera should be there too. Flash would be good too have.
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android (preferably latest, or, upgradeable)
8. Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G/Wifi (all common methods of connectivity required nowadays)
9. What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Internet/Camera/Multimedia (General usage for a general user)
10. Any other requirements?
A: Expandable memory.
11. If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: None

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all,

I am posting this thread for my friend, who needs to buy a smartphone as per the above requirements.

I read a few threads, and saw that Moto G is quite a popular, and a very good choice. However, lack of expandable memory in Moto G is a disadvantage, as is the camera quality (from what I read).

Also, her preference is Samsung phones, so within the budget, suggestions for a Samsung smartphone are welcome :). Although, I have suggested Moto G to her, the 16 GB model.. so that is a consideration, if nothing else suitable is available. However, if within the budget a good Samsung smartphone is available, it would be preferable.

I have put AMOLED as required for display screen, but I have done some searching and I don't think within that budget, AMOLED will be available, but still, if in any model it is, please suggest.

Decent back and front camera is required, with flash if possible.

Thanks for the suggestions in advance :).

No replies yet. Would appreciate some suggestions :).

Any of you know about good sites to find out price of smartphone, and also reviews, and comparison? Would appreciate suggestions, so that I can also research on my own.

Thanks a lot for the reply.

My cousin has a Lenovo tablet, and I was really not impressed with it at all.. clunky interface and low quality. Don't know if phones are any better.

HTC Desire 610 doesn't seem to be available in India yet? Seems to be costly too.. one site showed it as around Rs 30,000.

What's SP, which you posted for +3k?

My friend might be willing to increase budget to 20k. Should I open a new thread for that, or suggestions can be posted here?

Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 is a good phone?

Any phone from HTC in that range?[DOUBLEPOST=1401644394][/DOUBLEPOST]Well, she ended up buying Lenovo P780. Maybe the shopkeeper persuaded her... don't know. Anyways, read the review and it seems fine. Let's see how it performs over long period of time.

The battery life seems to be the prominent feature of the phone.

Last edited:
Back