Smartwatch under 10k?

I guess galaxy watch 4 is good enough in smartwatch section.
But what would you guys suggest for fitness tracking, forget the smart features only need to have call notification, steps counter, BO level, and heart rate sensor, accuracy is must.

I guess galaxy watch 4 is good enough in smartwatch section.
But what would you guys suggest for fitness tracking, forget the smart features only need to have call notification, steps counter, BO level, and heart rate sensor, accuracy is must.
Garmin is one solid watch for fitness but they are bit on expensive side.
So is Apple for fitness accuracy.

You can also check out Coros ( Chinese) they are getting good reviews.

Like I said above no watch is perfect in accuracy.

Btw the latest fitness watch from above brands one have new HR sensors so they perform better than previous old models.

So try to go for latest from any of the above brands according to your budget.

If you can tell your budget ...might be able to suggest some particular models.

Garmin is one solid watch for fitness but they are bit on expensive side.
So is Apple for fitness accuracy.

You can also check out Coros ( Chinese) they are getting good reviews.

Like I said above no watch is perfect in accuracy.

Btw the latest fitness watch from above brands one have new HR sensors so they perform better than previous old models.

So try to go for latest from any of the above brands according to your budget.

If you can tell your budget ...might be able to suggest some particular models.
Let's say budget is around 10k, don't need necessarily a smartwatch a fitness band will work too, would prefer if it can give accurate readings not 100% accurate but at least not something that will say 100 steps while all I did was sit in a chair.

Let's say budget is around 10k, don't need necessarily a smartwatch a fitness band will work too, would prefer if it can give accurate readings not 100% accurate but at least not something that will say 100 steps while all I did was sit in a chair.
Around 10k . I have nothing in my mind that comes as solid fitness watch because brands I mentioned above like Garmin, Coros, Apple, Fitbit( latest) even Suunto starts minimum with 20k.

Not saying 10k you will not find something at all just that I am not right person to suggest.

But I can suggest this...other than Samsung most of these brands are very high cost in India. If you can grab from abroad...then maybe about 18k or so you can go for Coros Pace 3 ($250) is getting solid reviews.

And then you have Garmin Forerunner too for around $400.

I use to have Garmin Instict 1. A solid fitness watch with very decent accuracy.
I tested it's gps with Apple Ultra 1 against my friend and it was absolutely to the point.
HR ( little less accurate than Apple).

Samsung may be good choice for you in that budget but little compromise in terms of all out fitness watch.

Around 10k . I have nothing in my mind that comes as solid fitness watch because brands I mentioned above like Garmin, Coros, Apple, Fitbit( latest) even Suunto starts minimum with 20k.

Not saying 10k you will not find something at all just that I am not right person to suggest.

But I can suggest this...other than Samsung most of these brands are very high cost in India. If you can grab from abroad...then maybe about 18k or so you can go for Coros Pace 3 ($250) is getting solid reviews.

And then you have Garmin Forerunner too for around $400.

I use to have Garmin Instict 1. A solid fitness watch with very decent accuracy.
I tested it's gps with Apple Ultra 1 against my friend and it was absolutely to the point.
HR ( little less accurate than Apple).

Samsung may be good choice for you in that budget but little compromise in terms of all out fitness watch.
Coros & Garmin are out of budget. Coros Pace is going for 26K which is too much for now.
Will see if I can extend my budget in the coming month. If nothing else I would settle with Samsung for now and upgrade in the future.

Under 10k there is no point of buying anything other than Galaxy Watch4. I suspect even when Watch7 launches in a few months, Watch6 will not drop to low prices like Watch4 did. Watch4 will last a couple of years easily.

Under 10k there is no point of buying anything other than Galaxy Watch4. I suspect even when Watch7 launches in a few months, Watch6 will not drop to low prices like Watch4 did. Watch4 will last a couple of years easily.
Yeah I think, i remember buying it for 18k in dec 2022 from a local shop. And in 18 months , the price went down to almost half.

Yeah I think, i remember buying it for 18k in dec 2022 from a local shop. And in 18 months , the price went down to almost half.
These days with electronics ...18 months is not a bad time for price to drop to half or 60%.
If you are someone who likes to upgrade frequently better to buy second hand ( good condition) and sell it off.

Every tech stuffs has seen so fierce competition and fast upgrades lately that you are could see major price drops within weeks.

Samsung has launched a fitness band recently. I vaguely remember ~4-5k. Check that out.

Checked the specs seems like an average fitness band with bigger display. will check some reviews about battery life.
If you wish for a serious training watch ...my advice increase your budget a little and go for Coros or Garmin and you will stick to it for quite long time.

And The reason I am saying this is...once you start focussing on your training stats . You will find the watch becoming a very imp. part of your daily routine.

I sold my garmin instinct with a heavy heart as everyday I use to follow my routine based on that watch and it become a habit.......infact I could not bring myself to sell it even after almost dealing with a member here but later got new model from USA and so could not keep both. Finally had to let it go.

If you just want to start and see how serious you are with Fitness than no use spending so much. Most watch with decent accuracy is enough to start with.

This is just sharing personal experiences with fitness watches.

If you wish for a serious training watch ...my advice increase your budget a little and go for Coros or Garmin and you will stick to it for quite long time.

And The reason I am saying this is...once you start focussing on your training stats . You will find the watch becoming a very imp. part of your daily routine.

I sold my garmin instinct with a heavy heart as everyday I use to follow my routine based on that watch and it become a habit.......infact I could not bring myself to sell it even after almost dealing with a member here but later got new model from USA and so could not keep both. Finally had to let it go.

If you just want to start and see how serious you are with Fitness than no use spending so much. Most watch with decent accuracy is enough to start with.

You are right, I can barely discipline myself to go gym regularly spending too much just for fitness tracking is just stupid.
I will get more serious about my routine and then will invest in a better smartwatch.
For now I think galaxy watch 4 will get the job done.

I once watched a US Uni Prof lecture on exercising and protein shakes. His advice: rather than breaking your head on - what to drink, when to drink (pre-, mid-, post-workout), and how much, just start exercising first :)

I once watched a US Uni Prof lecture on exercising and protein shakes. His advice: rather than breaking your head on - what to drink, when to drink (pre-, mid-, post-workout), and how much, just start exercising first :)
Yes . It starts gradually..you don't just jump into serious training from day 1.
Infact training is such that even if you are top class athelete but you have been missing out for some time.
You might almost have to start from scratch again.

Which is why keeping yourself motivated and going on is where the real challenge lies.

Even though start looks tough but it is not.
Lot of discipline is needed to keep yourself fit.

Back