PC Peripherals smps fan noise issue

yjain18

Disciple
Recently, my pc was not starting, cpu light was on but not booting..
I took to local comp shop and said that capacitor leakage was the problem and got it replaced.
Along it with from few days, my smps fan was making huge noise at first boot in morning, after tapping on top of cpu it stopped and work fine till night. next morning same issue and same solution.

So along with it, i asked local shop to replace the fan too, But that fan is making noise but very less noise still noticeable. He said due to some voltage error fan not running properly so making noise.
He said not to worry for it.

Should i worry and change back that fan or let it be.

If the noise goes away when you smack on your cabinet then it means something is not tightly shut/screwed. My PC does the same and most of the time it's the lose side door. Sometimes, it's because of un-leveled base, in which case, I refit the cabinet soles.

Try tightening the SMPS screws from the back of your cabinet.

if it's a cheap generic psu then the fan of the psu can be easily replaced with a 80mm fan and if you can get a LED 80mm fan it would look even more nice. If you want a qucik fix the just remove the fan from psu, open it's labeling and grease the inside with mobil [ now don't use too much or it will spill over running PSu so be careful ], and cover it with a electrical/black tape.

What power supply is this? If it is a generic no-name power supply, get it replaced with something better. Generic PSUs endanger the other components of your system and is not worth the risk.

If you have the budget for a new power supply, get an entry level power supply from Seasonic/Corsair/FSP.

no its not a cheap psu(i guess)
its the psu which came along with iball cabinet.. its iball psu (some Lp series)

well my cpu is 5yrs old.
intel dual core e5300 with msi motherboard.

no its not a cheap psu(i guess)
its the psu which came along with iball cabinet.. its iball psu (some Lp series)

Please get rid of that power supply as soon as you can and get yourself an entry-level power supply. You are risking the other components in your system with this power supply.

ohhh..!!
i am using it for 5 years...

pls suggest me some good entry level psu.with cost as i am new to all these stuff
can i do it at home.. because i know my offline dealer will again give me some cheap psu for my pc...
i am on intel dual core e5300 (no overcloking..) msi motherboard g31
and having graphics card nvidia 9400gt...
just use for normal works (no gaming) and pc remains on for 12-14 hours..

The racket from the PSU fan is because the bearing has worn out. Lubrication might help but within a month or so it will return. It's best to replace the PSU with better power supply. You can go with the recommendation done by senior members. Or you can also look at some of our newer power supplies which are equally good or better, but don't get recommended.

1. Thunder 450W (if you don't intend to push your PC and only use it for normal use including causal gaming) - 3 Years warranty
2. GX-450W (if you intend to upgrade to a better card or add more HDDs, components etc.) - 5 years warranty.

Regards

Sanket

i have decided to upgrade my psu now, as previously i was busy
I am looking to replace my cpu in next few months, so i am looking to buy psu which will be compatible to new cpu,
i will buy(usage is internet, office use, very less gaming)
intel core i5 3rd gen
61 or 75 series mobo
1tb hdd
dvd writer
nvidia graphic card for upto rs.5k

so pls suggest psu so that i will be able to use in my new one..
i have decided few
Corsair VS450 450 Watt PSU
Seasonic SS400BT PSU
Corsair SMPS CX430 430 Watts PSU
Seasonic S12II 430 Watts PSU
Corsair VS550 550 Watt PSU

which one i shud buy from above, or pls give some other sugestion

Never compromise with PSU go for Seasonic s12ii 430w,its more than worth what you have paid for..!:)
I am also using the same one after a lot of hassle from the local PSU that i have bought.....
Cheers..

ok.. i got to the local dealer for psu replacement..
he said intex 450W, 550W, for 700-800rs, iball for 1100, umax for 700 and
installation extra for all(rs.350/-)
these dealers even does not know the name of seasonic, corsair, antec, or coolermaster..
now will buy online

Back